jruddy

Big Bad 32" For Sale

Hey Everyone,

I have decided to sell my 32". It's Cobolt Blue tiles and I have the following accessories:

Basket reducer                
Baking stone                
Left side table stainless      
Right side table stainless      
Double bottom drip pan         
KK smoke gnerator           
SS Rotisserie               
Standard Motor                  
Black Wide Cover         

It's 3.5 years old and in perfect shape. It's always covered and well maintained. I have not used it a ton in the last year or so. Nothing is wrong it, I run a YouTube channel and I'm simply out of room on my patio. Unfortunately KK videos don't do as well as my other videos. This is simply because it's a luxury product and not everyone can afford it.        

I'm 45 mins outside of Philly and you would have to come get it as I have no way of delivering it. Please email [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks!

kksunset.jpg

On 5/11/2023 at 8:55 PM, jruddy said:

Hey Everyone,

I have decided to sell my 32". It's Cobolt Blue tiles and I have the following accessories:

Basket reducer                
Baking stone                
Left side table stainless      
Right side table stainless      
Double bottom drip pan         
KK smoke gnerator           
SS Rotisserie               
Standard Motor                  
Black Wide Cover         

It's 3.5 years old and in perfect shape. It's always covered and well maintained. I have not used it a ton in the last year or so. Nothing is wrong it, I run a YouTube channel and I'm simply out of room on my patio. Unfortunately KK videos don't do as well as my other videos. This is simply because it's a luxury product and not everyone can afford it.        

I'm 45 mins outside of Philly and you would have to come get it as I have no way of delivering it. Please email [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks!

kksunset.jpg

I mentioned it on YouTube but it’s a bummer you are selling!  I hope at some point you remember why you got into these grills (and it wasn’t to make YouTube :) ) 

@jruddy i'm sort of conflicted by the fact that you don't get enough views on kk. i have watched your videos, but mainly the kk ones. and if i didn't have a kk, i would still watch the kk videos. because it's like watching someone with a pagani sports car. nobody has them and that's why it perks my interest. as for kj and bge content, not to say they are lesser instruments, but there's already too many of videos on yt on those..

• Like 3

It's very easy for people to chime in and say what they would do or "money talks" or do it because you love BBQ! You see 10-20 minutes videos. You don't realize I spend over 1000 hours per year on YouTube (on top of working 50-60 work weeks running my main business). In addition, I have spent over $30k of my own money on smokers, lighting, and video gear. Add food, fuel and the cost of an editor (now that I outsourced that), and you start to realize how much of an investment growing a channel is. Most people have never tried to build a business and don't understand the time and money invested behind the scenes. 

I'm super happy to have helped spread the word about KK and encouraged many to consider the product. The videos aren't going anywhere, I'm sure many more will find them, and they will be just as helpful to new potential fans. 

The reality is that the numbers don't lie, and I had to make the best business decision for me. You can't trick the algorithm, and I need to keep growing to justify my spending my time and money. I have lost a lot of money each year so far, which doesn't include a price on my time. Even at $20/hour (do you work for $20/hour?), I would have lost more than $60k so far. I'm not complaining, I love it, but you have to understand the numbers and what's involved in saying what I should or shouldn't do. YT is a wide-open platform, give it a go, and I'm sure you'll have a very different option in no time.

Dennis, thank you. I appreciate it! We will still be in touch for sure.

Edited by jruddy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jruddy said:

I have spent over $30k of my own money on smokers, lighting, and video gear.

yeah this is why our business just does live streams and 20-30 second videos. although i don't sell anything remotely close to bbq related. yt standards for content are too high and costly. good luck with the sale!