DennisLinkletter

Komodo Coconut Charcoal... Both cat's are out...

I will be shipping a container this month.. This is the best coconut charcoal I've found. It's the original Coconut charcoal tested by TNW for Mexi K.

I have the exclusive rights to sell it in the US now.

It will also be bundled with Komodo customer service..

:lol::lol:

PS the green is much nicer on the real image.. Jpeg compression turned it into split pea soup..

:wink:

Extrude_Coconut_Web.jpg

Outstanding!

I remember hearing that the really good extruded is made from granular charcoal* and the cheaper, lesser stuff is from powdered charcoal.

Is that true? And if so, I presume yours is made of the granular stuff???

*I don't have a clue if this was an accurate statement or just a POed manufacturer tooting their horn and bashing the stuff that someone else is importing now.

There's a new sherif in town..

I remember hearing that the really good extruded is made from granular charcoal* and the cheaper, lesser stuff is from powdered charcoal.

Is that true? .

Yes these companies primary business is activated carbon made from granulated charcoal. These granules of charcoal both born hotter but more importantly they don't completely crumble after they are extinguished. They can also be pressed together without the binders that the powder requires.

The by product of this granule production is the undesirable smalls and powder (bottom of the barrel;-) that is then pressed into briquettes and sold. Do some searching and you will find photos online of the powder briquettes back in powder form from rough handling.

And if so' date=' I presume yours is made of the granular stuff???[/quote']

Of course, the great granulated stuff that gave coconut charcoal it's reputation.

If you liked the original coconut charcoal that was tested by TNW and sold by the Mexi Co., you can now order it from me and it comes bundled with Komodo customer service..

There's a new Coconut sherif in town..

:lol::lol:

Target price for a 22lb box will be $16.28 or .74 a lb.

Did we ever get pricing on that? Is there a page or something about this (other than this)?

The transportation details need to be worked out but the basic target price for a 22lb box will be $16.28 or .74 a lb. West Coast

(less than Mexi K sold it for in 2003)

I will be trucking the charcoal in large quantities (to get the best volume discounts) to East coast distribution points.

:wink::wink:

Re: Count me in!

Let me know when you get east coast cost. I still have room for a pallet or two if we can get enough people willing to come to my area to pick up after they pay you.

John

I'm on the East coast and was willing to get a pallet..

However turns out that shipping costs are prohibitive to our island... :cry:

Re: Target price for a 22lb box will be $16.28 or .74 a lb.

...I will be trucking the charcoal in large quantities (to get the best volume discounts) to East coast distribution points.

:wink::wink:

Yeah, well, if ya see onea these here trucks rolling by from yer left, give him a shout before he get's all the way over to the right. It's conconuts, there's plenty to go around :roll:

The transportation details need to be worked out but the basic target price for a 22lb box will be $16.28 or .74 a lb. West Coast

Is this the price at our door or the price at the terminal (and then we need to ship to our location)? How many boxes on a pallet and is a pallet discount available?

Is this the price at our door or the price at the terminal (and then we need to ship to our location)? How many boxes on a pallet and is a pallet discount available?

That's a projected west coast terminal cost.. I'm now shopping both logistic warehouses and transportation. Their will be discounts but the amount of boxes on the pallet will be determined by price breaks according to weight for the transportation.

If anybody has any great ideas for charcoal distribution I'm all ears..

Will this be similar to Mexi-K extruded?
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag32.htm

Check out the Naked Whiz's review. Looks like it's the "old style" Mexi-K extruded. Don't know what Mexi-K people have now, but apparently it's not the same as Whizzy reviewed before.

If you liked the original coconut charcoal that was tested by TNW and sold by the Mexi Co., you can now order it from me and it comes bundled with Komodo customer service..

There's a new Coconut sherif in town..