jdbower

Cucumber Water

OK, it's not much of a recipe but they served this in Stockholm and, even though I'm not a big cucumber fan, this was a refreshing alternative to lemons in water:

1 small cucumber

1 pitcher of cold water

Slice cucumber and add to water. Refrigerate as long as desired (the longer it sits the more cucumber taste will be added but the mushier the cucumbers will become), add ice before serving. If desired, use cut cucumber slices on the rim of the serving glasses.

Re: Cucumber Water

I always find it interesting when these older threads come back to life! That's one of the reasons I enjoy this forum - one of many! Anyway, add just a pinch of salt to a pitcher of cucumber water and dissolve... you will bring out that cucumber flavor in much less time and really enjoy your Pimms! (now, where are my golf clubs?!?!?) 8)

It is no longer snowing but cold raining days are the norm lately; so a fire in the Rhumford, slowly cooking fresh ham in our KK, my best and only girl next to me, cucumber water with Pimms Cup close by! life is good!

Enjoy no matter what the weatherman brings. :eek:

This past Sunday 3.18.2012 we enjoyed a 1st birthday party for our only Grandson Leo who was born on 3.14 (he is a pi baby for you math folks). It was warm in Cleveland OH and the adult visiters enjoyed 3 gallons of cucumber water; I did not tell them about Pimms as I that amount of Pimms would have been over the top as much as I would have had to do if Sanny had been there. Leo did enjoy some hand knit hats for next winter when it should be cold again.

In the heat, in the cold..

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

:lol::lol:

This is because the KK is found in so many time zones and at so many latitudes. I am wondering how many countries have KK cookers within them. Are there any KK cookers in Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, or elsewhere? Which owners are at the highest and lowest latitudes in the two hemispheres? Let's all strive to make the KK a truly global phenomenon!