sumrtym

Questions: top damper & charcoal basket

My favorite so far might be Samantha's slate tile one. Mmmm! That's purty. :smt045 Not that Ninja cooker, Aussie Blue and the Nugget and all aren't lovely. They are! But the slate is somethin else!

:)

Thanks Sanny and Curly.....As a matter of fact I just received the call a few minutes ago and they are delivering the slate beauty this afternoon. 8) I received a beautiful Johnnyboy cover yesterday. 8) I'm going to be stylin it. 8)8) I gotta get camera batteries charged. Now I have to drive over early to receive it.. Man I better get busy.

Sanny....tiles were DalTile (they have three slate color ranges) commonly found in many tile stores. Just before I pulled the trigger, I did see another slate in another supply house that was more rustic appearing with more orange/copper and blue tones, but I preferred a mostly green/grey effect. The alternate was also about $3.50 sq. ft. less than the DalTile.

The process is not exactly simple. I ordered the tile in, packaged the 6 boxes together (this was to avoid loss as it comes 5 sheets per box), and air shipped through a broker who subbed the shipping through DHL. DHL came to my home and picked up the very heavy package and it was off. There has to be an invoice that accompanies the shipment. DHL cleared it through customs in Malaysia and delivered to Dennis' warehouse. I have to admit I doubted how it would ever get to Dennis because his address format seems odd to me, but it got there in about 5 days. There was some tile breakage, but I do not know if that occured in the shipment to me or in the shipment to Dennis. I had included 3 extra square feet and I think there was barely enough tile.

It was complicated, but Dennis could not find a mosaic slate source in Malaysia.

Sanny wrote:

Yahwell, so we hijacked.

Speaking of hijacked, I called UPS to see if the driver was running on time and have been informed that it will not be delivered today. Their excuse is that it came into them after their trucks left out this morning. I questioned why they would schedule me if they did not have it but did not get a credible answer. The guy who called me this morning had gone home and forgotten to call me :mad: .....interesting since I was very specific I had a 3 hour drive to get there in time to receive it.

Oh, now that's just mean!

I think the guy went home with a COOKER, is what I think! Figgered it would take you a few days to get onto him. :mad:

UGH!! It's FRIDAY! UPS doesn't do weekends. That means no joy until Monday! Oh, my heart breaks. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm sorry, Trish. :(

I appreciate the support Sanny. :salute: Yeah new delivery is Monday between 12 & 5, then I will have to leave back out of town again....I would have been ok with a Monday delivery if they hadn't gotten me all slathered for a delivery today.

I got the taupe color for my cover and I'm quite pleased about the way it coordinates into the courtyard area. Johnnyboy was very attentive and conscientious. Excellent transaction.

I appreciate the support Sanny. :salute: Yeah new delivery is Monday between 12 & 5, then I will have to leave back out of town again....I would have been ok with a Monday delivery if they hadn't gotten me all slathered for a delivery today.

I got the taupe color for my cover and I'm quite pleased about the way it coordinates into the courtyard area. Johnnyboy was very attentive and conscientious. Excellent transaction.

You bet, Trish! Nasty to get you all wound up and then, "nevermind." :(

Yuppers, nuthin beats a Johnnyboy Jammy for your baby! He does beautiful work. Almost wish I had more stuff to cover, so he could make more for me! Best I could do is little dog cover, and then shrub covers, and maybe a cover for the garbage cans, and perhaps one for the car! :wink:

sanny wrote:

Almost wish I had more stuff to cover, so he could make more for me!

I had the exact same thought. I have purchased two rustic cabinents to utilize as part of my outdoor kitchen, and I'm debating whether to have him make covers for them. They are made of rustic wood that has been exposed to the elements for years, so no real need to cover them other than to keep the dirt off them. Yeah that is some of the Kamado lump I got when they were more interested in manufacturing excuses than manufacturing a BBQ with slate tile on it!

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

I would have preferred a teak cabinet also, I inquired about a year ago with Dennis and he has the interest, but maybe not the time and help. This is a mexi-cabinet, but not from the mexi-K people :eek: There is a local business (I'm sure there are many similar business across the states) that imports from a variety of the Mexican furniture people that reclaim very old wood to make thier furniture with. They do a lot of copper work in Mexico :eek: They had a number of beautiful tables with hammered copper tops such as the one in this link: http://www.yourvirtualeye.com/luna_rust ... 110016.gif. It was available on some cabinets as well and I am debating whether to order tops for these cabs. I have concerns about the sanitation issues of the wood tops in an exterior setting, especially where birds (and big ones) are plenty! Maybe after they see some chicken cooking on the KK they will disappear :eek:

I like this emoticon :eek: