trish

Spring adjustment procedure

I have a few questions about spring adjustment that might be added to the sticky topics.

Is the top supposed to fully open when the latch is opened? How to you get the top to fully open? I was setting the spring adjustment wrench at the back between the top and bottom to prop the lid open.

When adjusting the spring, what is accomplished with clockwise adjustment, and what is accomplished with counterclockwise adjustment?

Clockwise tightens the spring which holds the top fully open. Counter -clockwise loosens it which allows the top to come down, but will not stay open. In my opinion tighten until the top stays open fully, on its own. Over a period of time and outside temps you may have to tighten it again just a wee bit.

John

I would keep checking it as I was tightening (open and shut) instead of just tightening it with the lid open. The reason I say this is it takes more spring tension to pull up a half open lid verses one opening from the full closed position. If you get too much tension on the spring it opens too hard. I always hold my hand on the handle when I open it anyway, but you don't want to take a chance of popping it open, the lid getting away from you and have hard hitting opening.

-=Jasen=-