PaulR

Rotisserie help!

EZ-Que dirive shaft problems

Hi Dennis,

I am having the same trouble as everyone else keeping the square drive shaft in place on my EZ-Que with the 110v motor upgrade. I sort of have it fixed now with the shaft collar I bought after I saw it posted in the forum. I was also having trouble getting the basket itself to stay in place inside the KK Supreme. For now I have also fixed this problem with the shaft collar on the basket shaft to keep it from going into the socket too far. I think that the motot drive shaft is too short by about 3/4" and the motor bracket does flex quite a bit with something heavy in the EZ-Que. When you get a permanent solution available, please sign me too! ;)

Zorro

gx1Cedsi.jpg

50lb Roti Motor ordered

I only have the semi-weenie battery powered / transformer powered 30lb motor. It's actually a bit trashed and squeals like a piggy when turning..

I've ordered a 50lb motor to play with.. Seems like I need to redesign and beef up the roti setup for the 50lb motor.

I'll make sure to come up with an upgrade solution as well as a new system for the new ones..

;);)

Roti Shaft

Dennis the rotisserie motors have a standard square hole that is 5/16". Your bearing hole on the KK is slightly smaller, so you have been making the shaft to fit it but the smaller has some wobble in the Motors. I had received from you the motor shaft with a spring and it does come loose. Another reason is because your SS bracket to hold the motor is too thin and has lots of flex in it. All the motor brackets that come with the EZQ systems are thicker, which I noticed when I had gotten their Hobo unit. I bought some 5/16" tool steel and only ground down one end to fit your KK bearing.

This helped mine work better. To take care of the bracket flexing I used a cable tie near the top of the motor and slid it under and up on your motor bracket which stopped the the motor flexing.

Re: Roti Shaft

Dennis the rotisserie motors have a standard square hole that is 5/16". Your bearing hole on the KK is slightly smaller, so you have been making the shaft to fit it but the smaller has some wobble in the Motors. I had received from you the motor shaft with a spring and it does come loose. Another reason is because your SS bracket to hold the motor is too thin and has lots of flex in it. All the motor brackets that come with the EZQ systems are thicker, which I noticed when I had gotten their Hobo unit. I bought some 5/16" tool steel and only ground down one end to fit your KK bearing.

This helped mine work better. To take care of the bracket flexing I used a cable tie near the top of the motor and slid it under and up on your motor bracket which stopped the the motor flexing.

Mine acts exactly the same way.. The motor dances around and the basket can actually stop turning with the motor and shaft turning..

I have the spring loaded shaft

I'm all over it..

Sounds like the larger motor has a larger hole than the small battery powered one..

I'll have new shafts made up asap.

Glad this has finally been pinned down.. and a solution found.

I have already upped the thickness of the bracket.. The original more thin one of course was plenty rigid for the smaller, lighter battery powered one that EZQ originally sent me.

Happy to put this problem to bed.

;);)

Third world suppliers are like puppies...

Third world suppliers are like puppies, they constantly test you to see what they can get away with. At first, they give you what you ask and then slowly they skimp on quality or precision a little at first and then a bit more.. If you don't complain it erodes from there.

I remember char builders trying to slip in knots first in places where they were not noticeable. If you did not send them back the knots would get worse and worse until you had a big knot in the middle of the chair..

Our shafts now in the factory since I've been bitching are pretty square but still not 5/16". I found some shafts at my house that were not even square.. These are probably the ones that are causing all the problems.. Some were probably also made correctly..

Right now we're going through and printing US post labels for all KOmodo customers so we can send everybody two silicone polder plugs.. If you have a smaller shaft, please write me in the next week or so. I'll toss in new shafts in the envelope with the plugs.

;);)

I've experienced the same rotis slip everyoone has mentioned,finally got around to using the ez que basket. The spring on the end of the shaft kept winding over the end and became to large for the opening, it kept pushing out of the motor. If there is a fix and the polder plugs have not been sent out yet, I could use two: one for me and one for Ronnie_Suburban. Thanks for the help people.

Re: Third world suppliers are like puppies...

Right now we're going through and printing US post labels for all KOmodo customers so we can send everybody two silicone polder plugs.. If you have a smaller shaft, please write me in the next week or so. I'll toss in new shafts in the envelope with the plugs.

;);)

Has this happened? I haven't seen plugs or shafts....