rorkin

Pizza Stone ever actually ship ??

To use it on your KK' date=' be sure to get the one with the grill tray under it to protect it from direct or high heat.[/quote']

That may be good advice, however, I have been using my Fibrament without a flame shield. When I do pizza I put the HD on the lump basket and pizza stone on the upper (accessory) grill, perched on the main grill - so it's up in the dome. The flames @ 650-700 come way up the sides, but the HD keep them far enough from the stone that I have not had any problem - and I have done a lot of pizza - in fact, I would say that a KK is worth the $ for pizza alone, and if you toss a butt or some ribs on occasionally, that's a bonus! :)

Fetz - how about a step by step with pics next pizza you do?

How long to heat soak? how thick are your crusts, and how evenly do they brown in comparison to the cheese. I figured out how to get good results on my POSK for pizza, but have only tried it once on the KK, and need another try or two to get it right :?

Will do. I can agree with Dennis on the evenness of the temp from the dome. I have only had to rotate a pie once (one pizza cook - multiple pies) and I later discovered that the HD was tipped (also the lump basket) and the high side was getting hotter. Now I am careful to make sure the basket (and HD) are as flat a possible.

FM what was not to your satisfaction on your first pizza try?

Re: Pizza stone..

We had problems with the mold and not getting the finish we want.

I've just had part of it replaced with polished metal..

I'm told it will work..

I'd recommend cooking pizza on your upper grills..

You'd see firsthand the how even the heat from the dome is.

;);)

Ah ha....so the flat ceramic I got with my new KK (arrived Oct 10th) was the Heat deflector and NOT the pizza stone??

Ah ha....so the flat ceramic I got with my new KK (arrived Oct 10th) was the Heat deflector and NOT the pizza stone??

Correcto, look at a Fibrament stone, don't bother with the version they promote for a grill (with a flame shield) just use your heat deflector on the lump basket and you are all set! :)

The ceramic disk you received with your Supreme works well as both a heat deflector and pizza stone.. Give it a go..

;-)

Dennis

If you use it as a pizza stone you will want to use something else as a heat deflector. Seems that if you have the stone exposed directly to the heat source the crust will tend to burn before the top gets done.