ThreeDJ16

Rotis Socket To Motor Shaft Mod!

OK, took me a while to finally get around to putting something together. But it is based on PaulR's suggestion of adding a spring to the mix. So I drilled and tapped one end and bolted a spring to it, then placed a SS washer about 1/2 way down to give something to grab hold of while compressing the spring. Works like a champ!

-=Jasen=-

dscn1413mediumze3.jpg

dscn1410mediumgg0.jpg

YEah' date=' but there are no material costs, except for the springs and bolts :D You can request payment in cash, along with a SASE 8)[/quote']

Look closer at the above pic, not the original. Notice the end cut down from 5/16 SS square stock (original is metric). The original might need a longer spring.

Also, unless you have drilled and especially tapped SS, you have no idea what a PITA it is. The small dia bolt #5-40 made it even more difficult.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Already in production..

We had the springs but were going to solder them on.. Made the call will tap and screw them in place. Great idea on the washer DJ..

Thanks Very Big!

Cool beans, now thats fast!

Yeah, I tried several ways of attaching them - this was the most secure for the time investment.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Rotis Socket To Motor Shaft Mod!

OK, took me a while to finally get around to putting something together. But it is based on PaulR's suggestion of adding a spring to the mix. So I drilled and tapped one end and bolted a spring to it, then placed a SS washer about 1/2 way down to give something to grab hold of while compressing the spring. Works like a champ!

-=Jasen=-

Great solution... happy to make suggestions...

My problem is that I'm not handy!!(well I have two left hands (sometimes)).

May have to PM you and see if somethign can be arranged (it's under 4 lbps right?insider joke :twisted: )

I never had any luck with the spring but i did find a shaft collar at the hardware for $2.00 and it seems to work very well. You just slip it on tighten the set screw and your good to go.

So far my spring works great. Had to balance the right length and strength of spring to keep it from popping sideways inside the motor compartment.

But the drill stop collar is also a good idea and serves the same purpose. Maybe change that set screw out to something with wings to make tightening a little faster and easier.

-=Jasen=-

I never had any luck with the spring but i did find a shaft collar at the hardware for $2.00 and it seems to work very well. You just slip it on tighten the set screw and your good to go.

So far my spring works great. Had to balance the right length and strength of spring to keep it from popping sideways inside the motor compartment.

But the drill stop collar is also a good idea and serves the same purpose. Maybe change that set screw out to something with wings to make tightening a little faster and easier.

-=Jasen=-[/quote:3jryju92]

I was going to do that but thought i may have clearance issue as it rotated. If i put a spacer between the collar and the motor there maybe room for a thumb screw. But the allen wrench works OK for now