Here are a couple of online spice sources. This first one has very reasonable prices, nothing too exotic though.

www.spicebarn.com

This place has some killer hard to find things, but pricey. They even have ground saffron! It goes soooo good in a pot of fresh rice. Great color and flavor. Its expensive, but you don't use much at any one time ;)

http://www.lepicerie.com/catalog/catego ... age_1.html

They also have ground rosemary, and ground celery seed, both of which I prefer in rubs. I hate getting celery seed stuck in my teeth while eating Q ! ..

They also have ground rosemary, and ground celery seed, both of which I prefer in rubs. I hate getting celery seed stuck in my teeth while eating Q !

Find yourself a magic bullet on sale. They are great for grinding rubs/spices! Just toss all the ingredients in the tub, give a spin, and put on the shaker top to dispense.

I have a huge rosemary bush in the back yard, and it will finely grind even the wet leaves, when they are mixed in with other dry ingredients to keep them from clumping.

Re: ??

Ok Jasen, what do you mean there is no recipe in there ?? :cyclopsani:

LOL

Last edited by Saucier on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

:mad: Mwhwhahahaha! Bahahahahahaha! :twisted:

Unless my browser is not working correctly, I see no recipe in this post. :smt102 It was posted in the "Sauces, Mops, Sops, Bastes, Marinades & Rubs

Give up that secret sauce to us? (Recipes Only Please)" section. So I moved it to the link section, since all I see are links to spice merchants.

-=Jasen=-

Recipe Post Template!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use the following guidelines for posting recipes so we can make the recipe section more user friendly, search-able and consistent.

Thanks!

Subject:

Recipe Name

Message Body:

-Ingredient 1

-Ingredient 2

-Ingredient 3

-Ingredient 4

Preparation Instructions

Penzeys

I just rec'd an order from Penzeys. What a great company! Spices are well packaged, and shipped licketty split. :) And they gave a sample jar of chicken taco seasoning, too.

Sounds like just the perfect incentive.

Great selection - I bought tandoori seasoning, fenugreek, cardamom pods, and whatever else I could think of. :)

YAY!

I've always been very happy with their spices and service.

I'm waiting on a delivery that will include some of the Cajun seasoning, then I'm going to send a little to Jasen to see how similar it was to that he was bragging on, because that source doesn't exist west of the big muddy.

Mike

I've always been very happy with their spices and service.

I'm waiting on a delivery that will include some of the Cajun seasoning, then I'm going to send a little to Jasen to see how similar it was to that he was bragging on, because that source doesn't exist west of the big muddy.

Mike

Hey cool! I am always up for some samples! Probably need at least a pound right? :wink: hahaha

-=Jasen=-

As a newbie, I thought I should acquire some rubs to try out, got a few from Amazon. To my disnmay, they were just as expensive as what I could get at the supermarket, perhaps even more so ($4.99 for a 1.5 ounce packet)

I have no desire to start grinding up my own spice mixes, prefer to use a tried & true commercial product. So I went online to do a little research.

One of the better sites I found was ObieQ @ http://www.obiecue.com/BUYSOME.CFM They have lots of awards, and some good products, including a 5 pound box of "BBQ Bomber" rub priced at $34. That is a reasonable price per ounce! Probably more rub than I can use though. So I kept looking.

One of the gems I found was at AmericanSpice.com. Use the following link: http://www.americanspice.com/catalog/se ... RCH_ENGINE

They have tons of offerings from many different suppliers. Thing I liked is that they list the number of ounces for every product, and the cost per ounce. If you're looking to purchase in bulk, this is the place to shop! They also have a wide variety of other products, such as cane sugar (good for Mojito's!), sassafrass tea extracts, jams & jellies, mixes, etc.

Finally, I went to EBay. Score!! Lot of products, including a 2 pound jar of Pappy's Choice BBQ rub/seasoning for only $11! GREAT price.

Yes, In know --- it's all in the taste. But these are some good starting points for on-line shoppers.

I have a rub I make that is pretty good on everything. But lately, I have been using Texas BBQ rubs. Finally stopped searching for that magic rub and sauce. The brisket rub is great on any beef. The regular has a slight bite to it. I use these exclusively in competitions and do well. The price is good and I find the quality excellent. I am just a user, not a salesman.

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/