DennisLinkletter

Hello I'm Dennis Linkletter, welcome to my forum.

Hello, I'm Dennis Linkletter designer and builder of Komodo Kamado, welcome to my forum. It's been a long road but I'm absolutely confidant that from a standpoint of quality of materials, construction and design, I build the best ceramic grill available. From the stainless damper top assembly to the German castors you'll find that every component and feature is the product of thoughtful design and no other grill can match my Komodo feature for feature. I hope that forum users will share ideas and be able to contribute to Komodo's ongoing evolution and development. Unlike the other forums which prohibit discussions about the competition, I want this forum to be truly pro ceramic, to welcome and promotes discussions about all ceramics and cooking on them... If you want to compare my KK cookers with the others, great bring it on...I've even included links to the all other manufacturers to help you do comparisons. I believe that all the ceramic grills fill a certain niche in the marketplace and have the ability to produce great food. I know that I could learn to be happy cooking on any of them.. it just would not be as easy, convenient or enjoyable as on my Komodo. I must admit I'm a bit lazy and I have designed my grills for ease of use and that many of my features are not necessary but a luxury. My cooker could be described as an unique shaped, extravagant, self-opening, extremely well insulated, tiled BGE with a lot of bells and whistles.. But remember food tastes great on them all.. I would like to ask that all posts be polite and please refrain from talking about politics and religion. If you're a diehard from a forum cult here to disturb and slander, please don't. If you like good people, great food, and ceramic cookers, you can and should register as a member of this forum. See above. So once again welcome to my forum, I hope that it becomes a great meeting place for friends as well a great resource. :wink: Dennis Linkletter

Note:  Images posted on the forum of KK cooks may be posted on Social media sites, if this is an issue for you please don't post them on this forum..

• Like 4

Hello Dennis

Dennis, I'm excited that you have finally gotten the forum up and running. I'm looking forward to frequenting this forum!! I'm also glad to see someone who has taken the exceptional qualities of ceramic grills and upped the ante by listening to customers and making changes that other grills are deficient in. I own a K7 made by the other Kamado and was actually a partner with them. Its a long story but I regret that I ever got involved with them. In speaking with Dennis he has taken what I believe to be all the flaws of the "kamado" and corrected them. Its a true testament to Dennis's ambition and "listening" that he has upped the standards of ceramic grills. Hopefully I can soon sell my K7 so that I may purchase the "better" Kamado. I truly love the easy opening capabilities, the ports for Gurus and thermometer probes (which I use frequently), the concealed wheels, the better design, the no break-in period, the perfected top damper, the upgraded burner and the number one upgrade, customer service!!!!! Should anyone have any questions about ceramic cooking and live in the Atlanta area I would be glad to share my "expertise". I live in Snellville. Congrats Dennis and I hope we may chat again soon.

An open forum

I think it's of great importance to have such an open forum, Dennis. it's great to be able to freely compare other ceramic cookers, and just buddy around with fellow enthusiasts. I hope this is limited to FACT based comparisons. I will be putting my money where my mouth is in June; stay tuned for the arrival pictorial!

that being said, I'm glad I had the difficulties with mexi-K that I did. otherwise, I wouldn't have started looking for alternatives. or, for that matter, found a "superior alternative" both in product and service! I'm sure that, like me, there are other disenchanted mexi-K "lurkers" here checking things out. register here, under a different handle if you like. Mexi-K don't have to know :wink:

Regardless, you're welcome. just like I wouldn't take my frustrations out on Kong (my mexi-K of 4 years), I sure wouldn't do that to fellow enthusiasts, regardless of what you cook on. Kong still gets the job done, even tho he's a little worse for wear after 4 years.

sorry for the long post! hope you eggers made it to the end without pictures! :lol: (sorry TNW!)

Hi Dennis,

Congratulations on your new cookers and this website. I've been checking into the homepage for the last year and I'm impressed with all of the innovations that make your cookers truly unique.

I'd love to take a good look and cook on the OTB 22 inch sometime.

I wish you and this forum success and I look forward to seeing your business grow as your cooker catches on.

John

Hi Dennis,

I just want to commend you on the fantastic work you've done. The design improvements you've made are brilliant and beautiful; the craftmanship is top-notch. I wish you continued success in this endeavor. Hope to take one of these beauties home myself one day.

--Mike

Ok, Ok

Ok, I admit, I am typing this post for purely selfish reasons! This was the only thread I did not have the last post in - Mwwwaahahahahaha! Top that Curly!!!

I do agree, that this web site has become a sucess and thank Dennis for making what is fastly becoming the most perfect ceramic cooker. I am going to have to reinterate my opinion that once my cooker has shipped, all new ideas/innovations must stop - hehe! Well, at least it was the thought that counted. I am sure Dennis will continue his designs way into the future as he seems like the kind of guy that never leaves well enough alone - continually striving for improvement. (Dennis is reading this thinking Jasen is drunk again - ok well maybe buzzed a little).

Keep up the good work!

-=Jasen=-

The man can design

Hi All,

I've been observing and reading your forum since finding it on an internet search Friday. Just wanted to note that I was a customer of Dennis' LA business Not So Far East, and it was a favorite stop of mine. I did not realize he owned that business until I saw it in one of his posts. The furniture and accessories reflected a keen sense of design and innovation much the same as he has done with his Komado. I'm looking forward to getting one of these cookers, especially after reading Tcolivers review today. Feedback on product and service seems to be pretty good, and I like the overall scale/design better than some of the other ceramics. Most everybody seems to think the mechanicals are excellent. I realize all the ceramics cook pretty good, but this product is really gonna look good sitting on the patio. Food presentation can really impress your guests but wait till they see the cooker. Now the guys are going to be confused...do they tell a lady what kind of car they drive or what kind of barbecue they have. Looking forward to hanging out.

Finely Tuned

Samantha, welcome. One of the things I really wanted to test was the precision of this product. I have to say it is finely tuned. The way the latch for the top is designed and the precision with which it opens and shuts/seals is amazing compared to my K7. No need for ridiculous band adjustments or prop tube spring adjustments such as jamming washers or dowels into the tubes. No wobbly damper top. No need to cut the seal for polder wires. The draft door is at floor level so you can actually use it to scrape the ashes out. The fire box being in two pieces to minimize cracking. You can tell Dennis has put a lot of thought into what would make it easy and efficient for the customer and better than the rest of the ceramics. Just the fine details such as the cotter pin in the damper top screw, the included tile repair kit, the wrench for the spring tensioning. These things cost a little more to do but it makes the customer feel like someone really cares. I have to say I was impressed.

Tony

thanks curly and tony

Tony..thank you and your details are helpful. And the picture of the kids, as adorable as it is, also helps to give a perspective.

Did you get the rotisserie? My understanding is that the grills are 22 1/2 diameter and the OTB isn't exactly round. Correct? I'm sure you will be way too busy tinkering with your new toy and we will have to pry details out of you. I also agree the maintenance kit is a great idea. I think Dennis probably will have lots of great ideas coming. The hard part is deciding which order to implement them.

Samantha