randawg

EZ-QUE?

Just quick question for those of you that got the Gen II Ultimates and Supreme Plus. What did you get in terms of the EZ-QUE Rotisserie system? On the price list page, it says the Gen II Ult comes w/ the "full kit w/ bearing" and the Supreme Plus comes with the "full kit". Does that mean it comes with the motor and everything you'd need? The reason I'm confused is b/c the "sleeves" are listed coming w/ the Supreme and Deluxe, but every reference to the EZ-QUE on the forum suggests everyone needs to buy the motor and cradles. Can anyone clear this up? Thanks!

Randy

EZQ

I have one and EZQ when you call them will tell you what they send. You have a choice of either a Battery/110V Motor or a 50# capacity 110V only motor. You can also get either a 6" basket or 8" basket or both. You will save money by getting both at same time. I also got a pair of the WEBER charcoal holders, which I found would just fit on front and back sides of KK.

I load them up with lump and then have enough space between them to place Weber throw away AL pan to catch any drippings. I can cook direct without burning the Birds this way. I posted pictures of this previously on KK forum. It cooks chicken better than any other way. Which Jairby agrees with DL on how the juices just get permeated thru out the meat. I am going to do a 14# Turkey soon which fits in the 8" basket.

The EZQue parts you get from Dennis include the bracket to attach the motor to the grill, a couple of lifters to get the cradle out while its hot, and the short pieces of square rod that you use to on each end of the cradle you get from ezque. The short pieces of rod fit into the hubs that are cast into the KK body, and there is one more short piece that goes from the outside of the body to the drive motor.

You can see the bracket and lifters in the pics at the top of this thread:

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1466&highlight=

The rods are not shown, but are just short pieces of square stainless rob about 3 " long