Bobkat

Cooler Heads?

So I've noticed some of you guys putting your finished product into a cooler post KK and been thinking about trying it. Besides the obvious 'extended rest' period and the associated reabsorbtion of juices, it seemed a good way to make sure the meat is always ready when the family and the rest of the meal is. :idea: But letting the beast lay around that long made me a little apprehensive. :smt017

My guests for a "Pulled Pork Playoff Party" had to cancel at the last minute Sat. afternoon and the wife was working Sunday anyway, good time to experiment! So put my Butt on Sat. night around 10pm and took it off Sunday morning around 11am. Stuck it in the cooler, wrapped in foil and covered in towels and went about the rest of my day. Pulled it around 4:30 and served it around 5 with all the other sides soon as they were done. It was perfect and I know my wife will love it next time cause she won't have to ask "where are you and KK with the meat?...can I start the [insert the side of your choice] yet?" :?

btw - my son had two of his little buddies over so all that fresh hot goodness didn't go to a party of one after all. :)