DennisLinkletter

First Peek @ the new KK 19.5" OTB

Yah, Salty! Picture it! Like those little camping waterglasses, that collapse flat, like a telescope. You pull up on the outer ring, and it becomes a cooker! lol

Uh huh... hehehee :wink:

Silly rabbit! I meant sections that stack on top of another. Those angled flanges on the Gen II lids might create a good enough seal if used on each ring section of a multi piece cooker. Just throwing it out there.

Re: I would go for a camping size one too

PS.... Sanny is back!! woo - hoo :wink: I mean dogs are OK and all... But this avtar is much more spectacular! :smt060

Thanks, Saucy. :) I think Firemonkey is the only one who saw the brief emergence of a "full face" avatar. I took it down - afraid PC might hurt himself. :wink: lol

Hi all,

Curious if anyone has had the same thinking regarding the pics of the black tiled big brother K.K.

Is it "glass black", or is it a new shading of black? Could be my imagination, but it looks a little different to me.

Cheers,

Jeff :?

The black tile has a white background and the black glasslike material is speckled on top of it.. This is a very unusual black batch where the white does not show.

;);)

Re: I would go for a camping size one too

I think Firemonkey is the only one who saw the brief emergence of a "full face" avatar. I took it down - afraid PC might hurt himself. :wink: lol

Are you kidding? I saw the your picture with the dog at another forum.

Oh yah, that one. Well, this avatar was different from that. I had all the long hair cut off (not off the dog, just off ME. Doggy had short hair to start with). So, I look taller now. lol

I took that forum profile pic down from Over There.

Dennis' date=' do you have a rough estimate of the weight of the smaller model? Perhaps something like "20% less weight" than the large?[/quote']

Same great cookin, just less filling! :)

I'm sure that's a major selling point - so many of us got MORE weight when we started cooking on a cooker! :::hand raised:::

Nope, not even close.

Dennis' date=' do you have a rough estimate of the weight of the smaller model? Perhaps something like "20% less weight" than the large?[/quote']

Nope, not even close.. We're waiting for the very busy shop that does our CNC milling to cut the lips. Then we'll make the molds and then do our preliminary casting. But I do have a new cast-able insulating material that I'll be testing as a replacement to what I'm using now..

:eek::eek:

It's a high tech aero-foam refractory..

But I do have a new cast-able insulating material that I'll be testing as a replacement to what I'm using now..

And what do you hope to find? Weight savings? Elasticity? superior insulating properties?

Superior insulating properties, a little weight plus easier to use. It's a high tech aero-foam refractory.. A machine generates a special foam that is mixed with the refractory material in leu of water. After the initial investment pays off, long term when Komodo volumes grow, production will be faster and less expensive..

Gotta keep Komodo cutting edge..

Another nod to the "University of Google"

I'm so thankful for and constantly ask myself how I got along pre-Google. Without it, building today's Komodo would have been impossible.

Re: It's a high tech aero-foam refractory..

Another nod to the "University of Google"

I'm so thankful for and constantly ask myself how I got along pre-Google. Without it, building today's Komodo would have been impossible.

And, of course, the University of Komodo Kamado forum. :) Lots of qualified faculty here, too. How else to know what you needed to find out? :wink:

Or maybe the forum isn't so much faculty as Board of Directors. :protest:

(the signs aren't protest - that's encouragement!)