primeats

Coconut Charcoal

Re: Coconut Charcoal

I'd even consider some of the other guys stuff if it's not moldy

Trust me, you would be better served sticking with Royal Oak from Walley world till Dennis gets a line on some quality stuff for us!

Seriously, have you read some of this information and would still even consider the other guy's stuff? http://www.kamadofraudforum.org/viewforum.php?f=22

-=Jasen=-

Re: Coconut Charcoal

Ok folks' date=' I am dying to try some coconut charcoal, does anyone know of a source for this stuff? I'd even consider some of the other guys stuff if it's not moldy[/quote']

Better to wait. If you want to read about the newer stuff, our Whizzy has reviews of the various iterations of the available coconut extruded that is available. http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm

Here is a link to the detailed review of what you get when you order Kamado's latest coconut charcoal offering: Review of Kamado Try It Yourself Charcoal. I have to say this is some of the worst charcoal I have ever tested. It is one of only three charcoals to ever get the Not Recommended rating and is currently the lowest rated charcoal as determined by readers at the LCDB. But if you are curious, you can buy a single box from them for $15 that supposedly contains either 11 or 12 pounds (depending on which statement from Kamado you should happen upon). Both boxes I received were underweight. The ash production is truly mind boggling. The picture below is the ash from ONLY 6 BRIQUETTES:

ksr012.jpg

I'd guess that an entire box of the "good stuff" (the Philippine extruded coconut sold back in 2003-2004) would produce less ash. Even Kingsford produces less ash.

The burntime was the lowest burntime of any charcoal I have ever tested. So, at $1.50 per pound burning for such a short period of time, this was also probably the most expensive charcoal I've ever tested. Frankly, there's very little you can say about this charcoal that is good. I'd wait for Komodo Kamado to start selling charcoal.

P.S. Here is a link to the comments left by readers about this charcoal: Reader Comments on Kamado Try It Yourself charcoal

Ummm.What can I say? My bad?!I had expected some backlash, but not this in your face stuff. What do we call it back home in Iowa...oh yeah..the facts;the truth. Been away too long I guess.I'm very happy with the royal oak lump I get,just thought I was missing something with the coco-coal.Looks like the only thing I would be missing would be my money and frequent cleaning of my KK. I don't even get that much ash from my fireplace.

Sanny you look younger every time I see you!(don't disappear on us now). thanks Whiz for your work,don't know how I missed your review on this matter.Happy Valentines to all

What on God's green Earth is he using for filler? I've seen manure burn with less residue(don't recommend it for cooking the flavor it casts off probably would not be undetectable-gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "This tastes like :shit: !")Y'know,that could be the magic ingredient!Seems like there is a bountiful supply of it from what I've read about the Kompany.

Re: Charcoal Target ship dates..

As shipping charcoal dead winter just does not make sense, I've set end of April- beginning of March as the target date to begin selling charcoal.

Why pay storage prematurely?

;);)

YEE HAW!!!!!!! Great news. How much for the sample box? :lol::lol: Just kidding of course...based on my experience as well as your other customers testimonials I would not need a sample.

There is one upside to the Krap Koal from the Vegas gypsies.....there is plentiful material for the Kompost pile! Koal plus K marketing = Kompost. :lol::lol:

never kill a tree for charcoal

April 22 is Earth Day! (It was my Birthday first) What a great time to market this! I could get my publicist on it now! I know you don't do deadlines Dennis, but couldn't hurt to ask! How 'bout this for a brand name:

S ustainable

A nd better

F or the

E arth

KomodoKamado Brand Charcoal

I like it.. Yes, my business plan is to never kill a tree for charcoal.

This is very do-able too..

:eek::eek:

Re: its the other side of the world

its the other side of the world...the months must run backwards and the toilets drain the opposite way...wait...is that the southern hemi? Paul please check

My toilet drains the same direction yours does :eek:;)