Majestik

Coments.. Questions.

Re: Who

BTW - Is that Sanny's house? I noticed her dog in the last pic.

No kidding, Majestik! I had to look twice, too! That dog DOES look like my punkin head!!

Of course, the fact that my entire house would fit in that living room was a clue. ;) Oh, and mine doesn't have kids, or a fireplace.

aV1bySHJ.jpg

:offtopic::grommit:

Re: I dunno...

...I think your punkin head's been cheating on you. Sneaking off to play with those kids...

:eek:

:cry: And I give her a chewy every night, and everything! Ours is not a chewyless relationship! And she always said she didn't LIKE kids! She said they scare her!

I believe her. Someone else is a punkin head imposter!!

(not easy to look like a German Shorthaired Pointer/Miniature American Eskimo cross, I'll have you know!)

What's this hand hewn teak stuff all about? Sorry, I'm playing catch-up; but it looks great!

Wife wants to put our tax return toward hard wood floors. Notice I said, "toward" hard wood floors.

Is Dennis selling this stuff? How much for ~320 sq. ft delivered (not installed)? Room approx size 16 X 20.

Thanks,

John

Re: Yes

Let's have some prices, eh?

:P

I have about 10,000 sq' in over run material in stock that depending on the texture and finish I will sell to forum members starting at about $5.00 sqft Ex- Carson CA.

My new production flooring runs $6.50-$9.50 sq'

This floor was sold retail in 2001 for $12-18 sq' (and it was not as nice)

Claim to fame:

I did the flooring for John Malkovich's house near Provence, France

This flooring is pre-finished ready to glue down to any sub-floor even below grade. Easy, inexpensive installation because unlike solid floors this floor does not twist and buckle.. needing expensive nail down installations.

Please write me directly and I'll do you right.

;);)

Re: Who

BTW - Is that Sanny's house? I noticed her dog in the last pic.

No kidding, Majestik! I had to look twice, too! That dog DOES look like my punkin head!!

Of course, the fact that my entire house would fit in that living room was a clue. ;) Oh, and mine doesn't have kids, or a fireplace.

aV1bySHJ.jpg

:offtopic::grommit:

Nice pic of your dog peeing on the plants...hehehe. :pottytrain3:

-=Jasen=-

Great looking floors Dennis!

Dennis,

In the production photos, the final finish looks different (to me) than what's installed in the house (I don't mean color).

Viewing the photos of the installed product (home shots) I can definitely see the hand hewn finish; however, the production shots look more of a stressed/aged finish.

Are they different finishes? Are different finishes available?

I'm sending the forum links to my wife to see. Beautiful floors to me.

Only thing is, we already have hardwood floors in the kitchen; now we want hard wood in the adjacent living room and trying to figure out if they need to match or not. Rooms are joined by a 7-8' wide opening/sq arch way so to speak.

Does it look silly to have one type wood floor in one room and another type in the adjoining room????

Thanks,

John

Does it look silly to have one type wood floor in one room and another type in the adjoining room????

Um... if the rooms don't have a "real" divider (closed door, wall, etc.), I think I'd go with the same sort of wood in both. Archway isn't really a hard division.

That means you'll have to pull up the existing room and put the teak in there, too. :)

Um... if the rooms don't have a "real" divider (closed door, wall, etc.), I think I'd go with the same sort of wood in both. Archway isn't really a hard division.

That means you'll have to pull up the existing room and put the teak in there, too. :)

I agree with Sanny, time to redo the kitchen also

Different textures and finishes

In the production photos, the final finish looks different (to me) than what's installed in the house (I don't mean color).

Viewing the photos of the installed product (home shots) I can definitely see the hand hewn finish; however, the production shots look more of a stressed/aged finish.

Are they different finishes? Are different finishes available?

Yes, I do many different textures and finishes.. I just added more photos

I'm sending the forum links to my wife to see. Beautiful floors to me.

Only thing is, we already have hardwood floors in the kitchen; now we want hard wood in the adjacent living room and trying to figure out if they need to match or not. Rooms are joined by a 7-8' wide opening/sq arch way so to speak.

Does it look silly to have one type wood floor in one room and another type in the adjoining room???? Thanks,

John

As they will be completely different not only in wood type and color but having 2 dimensions... it's no different that mixing it up with stone, brick or carpet.

I've done houses with different textures in different rooms.

I might agree having two flat sanded floors might look odd but this is a completely different beast.

Johnnyboy.....the solution may be an inlay or creative type design using both woods in the transition area.....like a hexagon or a star shape, or checkerboard design, possibly with small darkest wood (third accent color) at the top corners of the squares like you see in tile.

I like your idea, Trish.

I actually thought about installing the same wood (3-1/2" wide strip) from the kitchen as a thin inlaid frame around the living room where teak prevails.

Or maybe use a marble transition strip between the rooms; install a row of the same tumbled marble I used on the kitchen walls/behind the counters.

Difficult to see, but here's a photo.

Floorlivingroomtokitchen.jpg

Johnnyboy....for some reason I was thinking the transition area was 3-5 feet and the strip width might be the same. I might re-think a little. It might be hard to use these two products together in a design since the tongue and goove and material thickness might not match up. Best to catch Dennis on this. You need to know if the products would be compatible for laying before you think about design patterns.