DennisLinkletter

High temp polder tube plug..

Re: Inducer port plug

Dennis' date=' i just got a Stoker for Christmas, and did a 9 lb Standing Rib Roast with it, and it turned out awesome. But now i have discovered that i need an inducer plug. I just found this thread, and would like to know if i can get an inducer and polder plug from you.[/quote']

I'm going to have to admit to being Stoker ignorant.

I actually had an appointment with John one day when I was in the Bay area and let's just say much to my "disappointment" when I arrived at his shop nobody was there.. or answered any of the phone numbers I had..

I'll forgive him and get one so I can be Stoker aware..

But As of now, I have no clue how my customers are using them.

;);)

For the Stoker, I think something like this would work, but I'm not sure if it would be a tight enough fit (I would imagine this fits the bulkhead adapter for the Guru which I believe is just a tad smaller than the port on the KK). I'll hopefully be playing with my stoker this weekend. In the mean time, if you leave it attached (even if it's not in use) the fan's automatic door should stifle the vast majority of the incoming airflow.

The only problem i have is that my KK is in the elements, and the fan wouldnt like rain and snow! I am thinking about turning a wooden plug, as i don't often use my KK at really high temps. that, or a trip to the hardware store to see what might be available, or adaptable. i am thinking along the lines of a cover plate or something like what is used when you have a kitchen sink with an unused hole for a sprayer nozzle or something like that. i haven't checked diameter of those holes, or their plugs yet, but it might be a good leisure activity in the next few days. Tom

If you put a plastic bag and rubber band around the blower that should help (and you only really need it on when you're cooking and shutting down). You can also look into a second 1 3/8" Round Port Adapter from Rock's BBQ and fill the inside with high temp silicone sealant - essentially make a "null" fan adapter.

Either way, a nice addition to the KK silicone plugs would be one that just fits the power draft port.

The only problem i have is that my KK is in the elements' date=' and the fan wouldnt like rain and snow! I am thinking about turning a wooden plug, as i don't often use my KK at really high temps. that, or a trip to the hardware store to see what might be available, or adaptable. i am thinking along the lines of a cover plate or something like what is used when you have a kitchen sink with an unused hole for a sprayer nozzle or something like that. i haven't checked diameter of those holes, or their plugs yet, but it might be a good leisure activity in the next few days. Tom[/quote']

There is a thread somewhere around here that has a link for purchasing silicone plugs for lab supplies. Should be easy to find something tapered or slightly larger to fill the port. Or it is very easy to make your own provided you use castable silicone.

-=Jasen=-

Thanks all for the suggestions. Right now i have a basic cork to stop close off the inducer hole after a cook to put out the fire. That seems to work just fine for now. Am keeping my eyes open for a more permanent, and heat worthy solution. I will check lab supply places online to see what that might turn up. Tom

high temp silicone plugs

OK boys and girls, I have found a source for high temp silicone plugs for the thermometer wire hole and the fan port on our KK's. I'm not sure how to slot the plug for the thermometer wires, but I'll figure it out. Minimum order is $50.00. At lunch I will go home and measure the exact diameter of these holes, order some and you can buy them from me. More details after lunch...

Re: high temp silicone plugs

I have found a source for high temp silicone plugs for the thermometer wire hole and the fan port on our KK's.

I'll save you some trouble since I keep forgetting to mention that I've already got a ton, but I'll start a new thread so the information isn't lost here.