tcoliver

Pizza Stone/Heat Deflector

Folks, I was one of the original recipients of a KK and at that time I did not get the new pizza stone or drip pan as they did not come in the package (actually I don't think they were even developed yet). I since had Dennis send me these items however I am a bit confused. In one box I received a round ceramic stone along with what looks like a SS drip pan. I was under the impression that the pizza stone had a SS bottom so I am wondering if this is a heat deflector or a pizza stone or if they are one in the same. Unfortunatly UPS lost one of the packages so I'm not sure what part is in that box. It is only one pound so it can only be some sort of SS pan. So...does the pizza stone/heat deflector actually have a SS botom that is attached to the stone or does the stone just sit inside of it. Are the SS bottom to the stone and the SS drip pan one in the same? Thanks for your help.

The stones are cast inside of a SS pan. They are attached to them, simply by being poured into it, but I pulled the pan off of mine. The ss drip pan is just like the stone liner, only a few inches bigger.

It sounds like your stone came out of the SS pan on its own - no problem there. I actually used the SS liner as a drip pan tonight. Its nice to have the smaller and larger drip pans on hand.

Tony, I never used the heat deflector as a pizza stone. After extended use the outer coating kinda chipped off. I always used a fibrament stone for pizza(best damned pizza ever).If any one has the inside track on KK use , you do. I'm sure Dennis will tell you that was the heat deflector, that could double as a pizza stone.

Mine came with one stone and two pans. The stone is the heat deflector. The smaller pan holds the stone so the bottom does not take direct heat from the flame. The larger pan is the drip pan. My stone does not have a pan integrated as if it was poured into one. Its a stone with 2 seperate pans.

Here's a pic of when I got mine.

gx1mtL3i.jpg

PLEASE WRITE ME AN EMAIL

Dennis' date=' did you ever get any resolution from UPS? It never did make it to my house.[/quote']

I did not know either way if it showed up late.. I expected it to trickle in eventually. I have not reported it lost so have not heard from UPS.. I'll have to track down the slips and send it in.

I would appreciate it if everyone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE WRITE ME AN EMAIL if you need something and NOT ASK ON THE FORUM.

I use my Email program to as a data base of my customers requests,

I can put flags and notes on requests and see that things are followed through with.

Tony, I'm not singling you at all but requests on the forum can be difficult to search, track and find. Even finding stuff when I sorta know where is was is tough with posts going 6-7 pages.