DachsieSlave

Billy Bar or Grill Floss

Jeff - Thanks for providing the link to the thread regarding the Grillfloss. After reading about the positive customer care that DJ and FM received, I decided to seek out a reseller and order one for myself. A little googling later and I found the Grillfloss for $4.98 :D

Yes, you read that right! A brand new Grillfloss for $4.98! You can get yours here:

http://www.taylorgifts.com/prodetail~itemNo~28515.asp

That deal was so good, I had to order one for my brother!

Get 'em while they last!

Nice deal on the Grill Floss. Thanks for the info.

I just ordered a couple as well. One caveat - I ordered via the phone and the salesperson said that the product is backordered for 6 to 8 weeks even though the website says it is in stock. She stated the website is slow to update such things.

Assuming she's right, I wonder if I'll ever get them... that price makes me think they were getting rid of their inventory. Oh well.

After reading about the positive customer care that DJ and FM received' date=' I decided to seek out a reseller and order one for myself. [/quote']

Well, the new one I was shipped from Grill Floss has been out in the weather and is showing zero signs of rust! Thumbs up (though I recommend buying direct).

-=Jasen=-

Hope you guys don't run into the issues FM and I had with a reseller sending us low grade SS scrapers. At least in the end, the Grill Floss company itself did send us replacements. I love the scrapers; they work well and allow you to get the underside of the grate too (which the Billy Bar doesn't look like it would).

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewt ... c&start=30

-=Jasen=-

...they work well and allow you to get the underside of the grate too (which the Billy Bar doesn't look like it would).

I'm not sure about the 3/8" BB model on a 3/8" grill but the smaller model on the Weber grill worked well enough to knock drippings off the underside (usually I make two passes angled to the left and two passes angled to the right). The GrillFloss looks much more efficient at getting underneath and I've ordered one myself so I can compare.

After replacing the head on my grill gloss with the stainless one, i have had no issues with it. It has hung outside in the humid and rainy FL weather for over a year now, and it works great on my 3/8" grates.

Someone mentioned using a grillfloss on their weber - I am not sure how well that will work out. The grillfloss comes with a reversible tip that has round notches for 1/4 and 3/8 grates. Weber grates are much thinner so it will not work as well in making contact with all surfaces at once. You may find yourself using more of a scrubbing motion on a weber grate. Also, arent the weber grates chrome plate?

Neither of these devices will "clean" the grates. They just knock the crust off. I dont brush or clean anything either, but I would prefer not to have the charred (or sometimes not) remains of the previous cook attaching themselves to the meal du jour - especially when I cooking at moderate to low temps.

Yep, a hot cook will always finish cleaning the grates, after a rough scrape. I chose the Billy Bar for its simplicity; I can't make a direct comparison.

As farmers (used to) try to rotate crops, I try to separate my low & slow cooks with hot cooks, to clean the grill. If I can't, I find nothing beats a wad of heavy-duty aluminum foil, applied with prejudice after a decent soak in a $6 kiddie plastic wading pool. Bio-degradable soap optional...

In the past, I have laid heavy-duty aluminum foil on the grates while the grill warmed up. When the grill reaches a temperature where you can actually sear steaks, take off the aluminum foil (be careful not to burn yourself!) :eek: You'll find that whatever was on the grill is either gone or it is a white-gray powder that brushes off easily. One caution - if you have a lightweight grilling surface, this method can warp your grill rack!

I ordered via the phone and the salesperson said that the product is backordered for 6 to 8 weeks even though the website says it is in stock.

Oh well, I just got an order cancellation from them because they were indefinitely backordered. Luckily Amazon has them for a less-than-amazin' (but still not awful) price.

After seeing that DJ got an order cancelation I went online to check the status of my order. They showed back ordered for several days and then changed to in house decline. Figured I too would be notified they were not available, but was not. I made several calls and had to leave voice mails. I finally decided to just order some Billy Bars. They arrived yesterday. They look really nice and should do nicely until I get something with SS grates. So today I get an email informing me my Grill Flosses are in the mail. If this is really true, I guess I can compare them myself. And have a head start on Christmas shopping. :lol:

Hi All,

Well, I don't know if Taylor Gifts actually delivered on a single Grill Floss. Sorry about that - if it is any consolation, I didn't get mine either. For kicks I was looking for good prices on these again and found a deal at, where else? - The Grill Floss website:

GrillFloss Buddy Special - Buy 2 & Save !

Give the gift of a clean grill to a friend and save 50% on second tool.

( You save $10.00 ) $29.97

Hey, that's $15 a tool - not too shabby and if you have problems you won't have any issues with returns! Hope this helps! Oh, and if anyone needs any starter fuel for their upcoming cooks, you can have any one of several Taylor Gift catalogs that I have received lately!! :roll::lol: