DennisLinkletter

New Tiles - Dark Bronze Metallic and A.N. replacement

First Heart Pang...

All,

I just had my first experience where I said to myself, "Man that would be nice to have on my KK!!"

I suppose some of you KK vets have experienced this feeling more than once?!? ;)

OK, I know I just have to tell myself, I ordered gloss black on black and it's gonna be awesome!!! :D:D

Nice new tile Dennis - very rich looking!! 8)

Re: First Heart Pang...

All,

I just had my first experience where I said to myself, "Man that would be nice to have on my KK!!"

I suppose some of you KK vets have experienced this feeling more than once?!? ;)

OK, I know I just have to tell myself, I ordered gloss black on black and it's gonna be awesome!!! :D:D

Nice new tile Dennis - very rich looking!! 8)

I know exactly how you feel. I have the Glass Black Gen II. And although it looks Awesome, that new Bronze tile looks Awesome too !!!

Too much bling for someone with a monkey pimp as an avatar? That's hard to believe! To be honest I'm not one for metallic objects either (I've pried a lot of chrome off my car), but the dark bronze isn't bad compared to, say, metallic gold tiles with rhinestone highlights :) I would also be curious to see how it looks in the sun, and how it looks a few years from now. I'm not sure if having the metal protected to hold the luster would be better or if it would be more interesting to have it fade to a nice patina.

Autumn Harvest and Bling roots..

I did not set out to produce a bling KOmodo.. I found this mixed tile with a gold simular to Autumn Nebula and the metalic looking tile.

09.jpg

At first they only found one box so we built the tweed striped looking 19.5" OTB

When they found more we cut them up and made two cookers.

Bling Bling It is a ceramic tile with metallic glaze.

Is it actually a metallic tile or a simulated metallic finish? If it is a simulated finish it should not change with sun exposure right?

It is a ceramic tile with metallic glaze. I would not recommend it not being covered when being stored. UV fades everything eventually and I would not want to take a chance with it. It is not porous.

Worst case I'm sure there's some level of cleaning and protection you and use to keep it shiny. When I first saw you had been waxing some tiles it had me thinking, my black car gets too hot in the sun for me to put my hand on it, I don't think the outside of a KK would get much hotter. Perhaps some of the same stuff they use to clean and protect chrome on a car would help keep the luster.