CLilly

New member - New owner

I am not only a new KK forum member but also a new KK owner. After cooking on this magnificent piece of art, I decided there were a couple of things I had to do. First, I needed to post on the KK forum and thank everyone who have used these units for many years and have shared their valuable knowledge with the manufacturer. Let me assure you that Dennis listens to all constructive input regarding KK’s. I spent a couple of hours talking to him about these cookers while barbecuing in California. Why the thank you? Selfish reasons. You did the hard work and now I am enjoying a cooker which I have yet to find a flaw. Second, thanks to Dennis for his obvious passion in producing a cooker as well crafted as my new KK.

Re: New member - New owner

I am not only a new KK forum member but also a new KK owner. After cooking on this magnificent piece of art' date=' I decided there were a couple of things I had to do. First, I needed to post on the KK forum and thank everyone who have used these units for many years and have shared their valuable knowledge with the manufacturer. Let me assure you that Dennis listens to all constructive input regarding KK’s. I spent a couple of hours talking to him about these cookers while barbecuing in California. Why the thank you? Selfish reasons. You did the hard work and now I am enjoying a cooker which I have yet to find a flaw. Second, thanks to Dennis for his obvious passion in producing a cooker as well crafted as my new KK.[/quote']

Welcome to the forum! Really hoping we see some pics or even better, some recipes from you! That way you won't feel guilty any more for those selfish reasons....hahaha! :roll: And if you still feel guilty, your more than welcome to stop by Augusta and give me some BBQ lessons! Sure I could repay you with some beer drinking lessons. Life is to short to drink bad beer! :drinkers:

-=Jasen=-

FYI This man is a barbeque legend!

Why the thank you? Selfish reasons. You did the hard work and now I am enjoying a cooker which I have yet to find a flaw.

Why do these words carry so much clout?

Chris Lilly, husband and father of three children, is one of America's best-known barbecue pit masters.

Chris also is head chef of the award-winning Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q Competition Cooking Team. He is the winner of five Memphis in May World Championships (a.k.a. "The Super Bowl of Swine"), as well as the American Royal International Cook-Off.

He has made numerous national television appearances, including "The Today Show," "BBQ with Bobby Flay, " "Cooking Live with Sara Moulton," "Fire in the Soul - The Barbecue Movie" and "Martha Stewart Living." In addition to his television appearances, Chris has been featured in Southern Living, The New York Times, Travel and Leisure, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post.

This list I found only goes back to 2004

Culinary Awards

Memphis in May World Championship BBQ Cook-off

1997 1st place BBQ sauce

1999 1st place BBQ sauce

1st place Pork

2000 1st place Pork - Grand Champion

2001 1st place Pork

2002 1st place Pork

1st place “People’s Choiceâ€

2003 1st place Pork – Grand Champion

2004 1st place Pork

American Royal International Cook-off and BBQ Sauce Competition

1995 1st place White BBQ sauce

1998 1st place BBQ sauce

“Best Sauce on the Planetâ€

2002 1st place Chicken

1st place Reserve Grand Champion

International Jamaican Jerk Championship

2003 Grand Champion

Houston Livestock and Rodeo World BBQ Championship

2004 1st place ribs

1st place Reserve Grand Champion

Alabama State Barbecue Championship

1999 1st place Pork – Grand Champion

2000 1st place Pork

1st place Ribs – Grand Champion

2001 1st place Pork – Grand Champion

Tennessee State Barbecue Championship

1998 1st place Pork – Grand Champion

1999 1st place Pork – Grand Champion

2000 1st place Pork - Grand Champion

2001 1st place Pork – Grand Champion

Chili Pepper Magazine Barbecue Awards

2000 1st place BBQ sauce

2001 1st place vinegar BBQ sauce

1st place mustard BBQ sauce

2002 1st place spicy mustard BBQ sauce

2003 1st place mustard BBQ sauce

National Barbecue Association Awards of Excellence

2000 “Restaurant of the Yearâ€

1st place hot BBQ sauce

1st place vinegar BBQ sauce

2001 1st place vinegar BBQ sauce

2002 1st place mustard BBQ sauce

2003 1st place mild vinegar BBQ sauce

1st place hot vinegar BBQ sauce

1st place hot BBQ sauce

2004 1st place BBQ sauce

1st place hot BBQ sauce

1st place mild vinegar sauce

The Southern Pride Cup, National Nonrestrictive Cook-off

2001 1st place

2002 1st place

Grand Champion

Texas Fiery Food Challenge

2001 1st place BBQ sauce

2002 1st place hot BBQ sauce

Louisiana State Barbecue Championship

1999 1st place beef

Grand Champion

American Institute of Wine and Food BBQ Rib Fly-In

2003 1st place, “Best Ribs in Americaâ€

2004 1st place, “Best Ribs in Americaâ€

This man is a barbeque legend.

Welcome to the forum Chris..

It's great to have you here!

Thanks for the welcome responses. I will enjoy visiting on occasion and picking up some KK tips. You better believe I will post a picture of my new cooker, I am very proud of it. I realized there is a slight problem with the cooker though, I have a few out of town BBQ stops next week and Delta will not check my KK. Help me figure that one out!

Ya’ll are very generous with your beer I see…this is a very good thing!

Augusta…if we reduce the temperature to 200 degrees we could finish a round of golf before our ribs get done!

Pictures and more posts to come…

Welcome to the Forum! I saw that handle this morning, "CLilly" and the the thought went through my head but I dismissed it.

I use your "Chris Lilly's Six-time World Championship Pork Shoulder Rub and Injection" pretty much exclusively on my pork butts and his rib rub on my ribs. Good stuff. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it. Maybe I'll post it in the pork recipes section.

Again, welcome aboard Chris!

Welcome to the forum Chris and thank you for the Kudos

I am enjoying a cooker which I have yet to find a flaw. Second' date=' thanks to Dennis for his obvious passion in producing a cooker as well crafted as my new KK.[/quote']

Welcome to the forum Chris and thank you for the Kudos and kind words. You are correct, it was a collaboration and it could not have been built without my customer's constant feedback and Google.

Looking back it seems like just yesterday I entered this business thinking I can build the proverbial better mousetrap of a ceramic type BBQ.. Now it's been five years and I'm feeling pretty good about how far KOmodo has come..

Thanks again for your confirmation of my KOmodo's quality and that my hopes, dreams and aspirations for Komodo are possible.

;);)

Thanks for the Kind Words

Chris, what a nice surprise to see your kind words about your KK. As you become more involved with it, you will find how addictive the damn thing is. You just can't get enough of it nor the beautiful food it produces.

I was with Dennis in Pomona and though I noticed you were truly interested in the KK, it is really exciting to welcome you to our family.

WELCOME.