DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-new-york-style-pizza-dough.html

Basic New York Style Pizza Dough – from Serious Eats.com

319g bread flour

9.25g sugar

4.9g salt

5g instant yeast

18.2g extra virgin olive oil

213g lukewarm water

Pulse the ingredients in a food processor 3 or 4 times

Add the wet ingredients and run the food processor until the mixture forms a ball that rides around the blade, about 15 seconds. Continue processing 15 seconds more.

Remove from the bowl and with a little flour kneed 2 or 3 times. It should pass the window pane test.

Put it in a greased bowl and then into the fridge until ready to use but at least 1 day and up to 5.

Remove and divide and form int 2 balls that will eight about 275g. Allow to warm up at least 2 hours.

To make the crust, finger press out into a 10-inch round.

*** When I made the dough this time I did not use the food processor, just mixed the ingredients and then as I watched TV did the pull and fold method every half hour for about 1.5 hours.

How much better is making your own dough.

Ive only done pizza's on the BJoe and the wife buys dough ready to go from our local bread & pastry shop, so we get around 4 nice sized pies for $5 and i must say they've come out great.

Am i missing out on not making my dough, and if i am can i do it with a Vitamix blender

7 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-new-york-style-pizza-dough.html

Basic New York Style Pizza Dough – from Serious Eats.com

319g bread flour

9.25g sugar

4.9g sugar

4.9g salt

5g instant yeast

18.2g extra virgin olive oil

213g lukewarm water

Pulse the ingredients in a food processor 3 or 4 times

Add the wet ingredients and run the food processor until the mixture forms a ball that rides around the blade, about 15 seconds. Continue processing 15 seconds more.

Remove from the bowl and with a little flour kneed 2 or 3 times. It should pass the window pane test.

Put it in a greased bowl and then into the fridge until ready to use but at least 1 day and up to 5.

Remove and divide and form int 2 balls that will eight about 275g. Allow to warm up at least 2 hours.

To make the crust, finger press out into a 10-inch round.

*** When I made the dough this time I did not use the food processor, just mixed the ingredients and then as I watched TV did the pull and fold method every half hour for about 1.5 hours.

Thanks Mackenzie

How much better is making your own dough.
Ive only done pizza's on the BJoe and the wife buys dough ready to go from our local bread & pastry shop, so we get around 4 nice sized pies for $5 and i must say they've come out great.
Am i missing out on not making my dough, and if i am can i do it with a Vitamix blender

Homemade dough can and should be considerably better than store bought. Even simple, no knead 72 hour doughs will produce fantastic results with very little effort. More advanced techniques produce even better results. Hard to go back once you’ve experienced those. My advice would be to start with something simple like the@ckreef artisan pizza dough tutorial and compare that with your bakery dough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clafoutis cooked on the KK is turning out to be the hit of the summer.  I use this really simple recipe https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/basic-clafoutis-51208430  and everyone, young and old, loves it.  Getting them a little burnt and crusty on the outside makes them taste really good.  

Rhubarb clafoutis

1553681130_GEr0sVeQJe8djHVXgXjVw.thumb.jpg.c02fa6416ba52d2a6289a5ee384ff73c.jpg

Seedless grape clafoutis

420015871_1E9fLMj3SwatYDDAYQig.thumb.jpg.a32009518ad09948ed9487cdb907b968.jpg

• Like 8