DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

4 hours ago, Steve M said:

After reading the recipe, I was wondering how you got the batter to sit on the grill :) until I looked closer to see a muffin pan.

Tee hee.  That would have been some trick! :smt027

@MacKenzie I use the cast iron Lodge muffin pan.  It is just great (or grate, following @Steve M's line of thought!).  When I take the meat off for our main meal, I put the muffin pan on so that it gets nice and hot while we eat.  When I am ready, I whip up the batter in a jug, put a bit of clarified butter in each hole, spread it about and pour the batter in.  Fruit gets dropped in quickly and then I leave in KK for about 15-25 mins.  Puffy and delicious.  Everyone eats up really hot and fast. Some choose to adulterate with cream or ice cream.  I don't.  Always fun.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, tekobo said:

Tee hee.  That would have been some trick! :smt027

@MacKenzie I use the cast iron Lodge muffin pan.  It is just great (or grate, following @Steve M's line of thought!).  When I take the meat off for our main meal, I put the muffin pan on so that it gets nice and hot while we eat.  When I am ready, I whip up the batter in a jug, put a bit of clarified butter in each hole, spread it about and pour the batter in.  Fruit gets dropped in quickly and then I leave in KK for about 15-25 mins.  Puffy and delicious.  Everyone eats up really hot and fast. Some choose to adulterate with cream or ice cream.  I don't.  Always fun.  

This definitely goes in my "gotta try it" box. I just need to rattle through my pans to find the right one.

Yesterday we had more heat warnings out, 39C but that doesn't mean you can't have the hot dinner your were craving when you have a KK. ;) 

370266923_ChickenBreastsReady.thumb.jpg.b7676a2cfc378e05ca868a529d9fd516.jpg

Done.

323332365_ChickenBreastsCooked.thumb.jpg.2fa8edd2d0d567c19a228a296c9a9562.jpg

Plated with beets greens. I need to stop picking those tops if I want the bottoms to grow into nice beets for Aussie's burgers. ;)

1006606573_ChickenBreastDinner.thumb.jpg.610849d6899da3281122a7f1ad763652.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Yesterday we had more heat warnings out, 39C but that doesn't mean you can't have the hot dinner your were craving when you have a KK.  
370266923_ChickenBreastsReady.thumb.jpg.b7676a2cfc378e05ca868a529d9fd516.jpg
Done.
323332365_ChickenBreastsCooked.thumb.jpg.2fa8edd2d0d567c19a228a296c9a9562.jpg
Plated with beets greens. I need to stop picking those tops if I want the bottoms to grow into nice beets for Aussie's burgers.
1006606573_ChickenBreastDinner.thumb.jpg.610849d6899da3281122a7f1ad763652.jpg

Yum. Looks great Mac.
39 wow that’s hot for the UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Tangles, it was hot, too hot to do much more than sit in the ODK and smell the cooking. :) I am in Nova Scotia, Canada and there are lots of summers when we don't even see 30C and if we do it's only for a day or two. This year is exceptional, we have had heat wave warnings out for weeks. I have a theory - the spring was miserable cold and wet with frost right up to the end of June. My garden went in the latest ever and I thought it was doomed. I also put in an irrigation system. The weather gods took pity on me and said OK she has gone to all that trouble let's give her a hand and make it really hot to speed up the growing process. That's my theory. :smt060 I am hoping it doesn't come to a crashing end with an early frost. :smt003

• Like 3

@MacKenzie you are always so kind, saying nice things about my seafood cooks even though you can't stand the stuff.  :smt118   

It is nice to have the opportunity to reciprocate. Even though I cannot see the point of chicken breast I must say that your cook looks very nice indeed.  Good luck with the garden!

Edited by tekobo
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, tekobo said:

@MacKenzie you are always so kind, saying nice things about my seafood cooks even though you can't stand the stuff.  :smt118   

It is nice to have the opportunity to reciprocate. Even though I cannot see the point of chicken breast I must say that your cook looks very nice indeed.  Good luck with the garden!

Thanks for that, I appreciate your thoughts on my chicken breast.  Now we are even, I was going to say if you don't do any more fish cooks I won't do any more chicken breast but I can't see that happening. :smt077

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Your weather screams Gin & Tonic to me! I had a nice change of pace last evening - Gin & Schweppes Bitter Lemon. Giving my G&T a run for its money! :drinkers:
That is exactly what I had. I like Schweppes tonic so I imagine I would like Bitter Lemon. I will keep my eye open for it.
  • Like 1

Wish I could try that, but I'm not supposed to have any grapefruit or juice, as it interacts with one of my meds. It's an interesting phenomena - not what you'd instinctively think. It doesn't interfere with the drug's effectiveness, but just the opposite - it makes it MORE effective. When you take a medication, they have made an assumption about how much of the actual drug will be absorbed into your system, so the pill/capsule actually has more of the active drug in it than your Dr prescribed. The grapefruit stimulates your biotract and you end up absorbing more of the drug than intended. So, I asked my Dr if he could prescribe a lower dosage of it, so I could compensate for the grapefruit, but he didn't want to "experiment" with it on me. So, no more grapefruit! :-(

• Like 3