DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Tangles, it was hot, too hot to do much more than sit in the ODK and smell the cooking.  I am in Nova Scotia, Canada and there are lots of summers when we don't even see 30C and if we do it's only for a day or two. This year is exceptional, we have had heat wave warnings out for weeks. I have a theory - the spring was miserable cold and wet with frost right up to the end of June. My garden went in the latest ever and I thought it was doomed. I also put in an irrigation system. The weather gods took pity on me and said OK she has gone to all that trouble let's give her a hand and make it really hot to speed up the growing process. That's my theory. :smt060 I am hoping it doesn't come to a crashing end with an early frost. :smt003

Your garden looks fantastic Mac. I wish I could have one just as nice. I did have a large vege patch and chooks but it was getting too much to maintain with kids. They used to love helping me out but it slowly grew out of them. I succumbed to their desires for a pool. I like seeing the different varieties of vegetables you get there. Very nice.
Ahh... it’s Canada not UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

tekobo, has just moved to the top tier of KK members, that's where folks you are instrumental in causing other members to buy more toys go. Congratulations, tekobo. :smt060

1011265163_DropMuffinPan.thumb.jpg.07b57c0d75bc98bd00126ad5d74b9423.jpg

Washed and ready to go. :) Clafoutis in the wings.

Oooh.  I am very happy about that Mac!  You won't regret buying the pan.  It is good for muffins, Yorkshire puddings AND clafoutis.  And will outlast any of us alive today.  Best of all, you almost never have 7 guests and so there is usually at least one extra pudding for you or, if you are feeling super generous, one of your guests to munch up.  :razz:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oooh.  I am very happy about that Mac!  You won't regret buying the pan.  It is good for muffins, Yorkshire puddings AND clafoutis.  And will outlast any of us alive today.  Best of all, you almost never have 7 guests and so there is usually at least one extra pudding for you or, if you are feeling super generous, one of your guests to munch up.  :razz:
The muffin pan looks awesome love the style where are they sold

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

21 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

The muffin pan looks awesome love the style where are they sold

It's a Lodge pan.  I bought mine from a catering shop when I was on holiday in NYC.  Not v expensive at all when bought in the US https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L7B3-Cast-Biscuit-Pre-Seasoned/dp/B00063RX7O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1533381837&sr=8-2&keywords=lodge+muffin but it looks like it is £54 if you buy from amazon in the UK and $89 if you buy it in Australia.  I am not sure if this Australian version is as deep but it is certainly the right form factor https://lodgecookware.com.au/cast-iron-mini-cake-pan/.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tekobo said:

It's a Lodge pan.  I bought mine from a catering shop when I was on holiday in NYC.  Not v expensive at all when bought in the US https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-L7B3-Cast-Biscuit-Pre-Seasoned/dp/B00063RX7O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1533381837&sr=8-2&keywords=lodge+muffin but it looks like it is £54 if you buy from amazon in the UK and $89 if you buy it in Australia.  I am not sure if this Australian version is as deep but it is certainly the right form factor https://lodgecookware.com.au/cast-iron-mini-cake-pan/.

Omg, you put in the link... Now it's on my Amazon wish list... How long do you think it will be before I click that oft-used "Add to Cart" button?!! Bad girls! Temptresses!  :girl::rr:

• Haha 3

tekobo, has just moved to the top tier of KK members, that's where folks who are instrumental in causing other members to buy more toys go. Congratulations, tekobo. :smt060

Include me in the KK Shopping Network. Mine arrived a few days ago but I haven't gotten it seasoned yet. One can't really have too many devices. Vices, on the other hand...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remember those chicken breasts the other day that tekobo raved about well here they are again. :)

The last of my Lebanese Mountain Bread put to good use on a hot day. I need to make more. It is great to have on hand.

I opened the fridge and took out every bottle, dish I could get my hands on for this wrap, including pickled chili pepper. There is mayo, tarragon mustard, relish, red onion, lettuce and orange pepper.

298016176_DressingMountainBread.thumb.jpg.4f6ae30cf89604ce57c91fe9b395801b.jpg

Then came the chicken and the purple crack.

1059943049_ChickenBreastAdded.thumb.jpg.8d43e164c7fd5d6f4f6d489f24c18ca6.jpg

Roll up the devil sandwich and we have lift off.

1729962961_TheDevil.thumb.jpg.a1aaf37bceb0fb1ea118d6950c2c2bee.jpg

1645512279_WrapUpClose.thumb.jpg.b6be473aac9258ce786ee256f2464e2b.jpg

and that's why there are chicken breasts. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

I opened the fridge and took out every bottle, dish I could get my hands on for this wrap, including pickled chili pepper. There is mayo, tarragon mustard, relish, red onion, lettuce and orange pepper.

This says it all @MacKenzie.  It took EVERYTHING in your fridge to make that chicken breast taste good!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, tony b said:

You left out the single best reason to own one of those Lodge pans - biscuits, child! I've owned mine for so long, I can't remember when I got it. 

@tony b, we say biscuits, you say cookies.  You say biscuits...you mean scones! I had to google a photo of an "American biscuit" to figure out what you meant.  Yeah, you can add scones/biscuits to the list of things this versatile pan can do.  I think Lodge should give us a cut of their profits.

• Haha 2

The Alabama brother-in-law was passing through last week so I made dinner for a small family gathering. Started with some corn and mushrooms.

IMG_1911.thumb.jpg.8434e3cfc8376a3f60e5793d93bf4a1e.jpg

Cranked up the KK, added some top sirloin, evo and seasoning,

IMG_1913.thumb.jpg.d03d043870d926c2c9a2538bc2e6cd4a.jpg

seared the sirloin, 

IMG_1915.thumb.jpg.8f4362acf524dc6ec833d872225e0d38.jpg

let it rest,

IMG_1916.thumb.jpg.d28d588a8eb28d36053539b0d822a097.jpg

then sliced (some of it; kept the rest for later). IMG_1917.thumb.jpg.92a655c42a5aaca97582006c03a3e19a.jpg

Plated the lot with heirloom tomatoes, loaded mashed potatoes, baguette and some Cabernet.

IMG_1918.thumb.jpg.5998dcf0962d750389b2759a2a8d597d.jpg

A good time was had by all.

• Like 8