DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Glad you finally got tomatoes, Mackenzie. And here I am worried that I will lose the rest of mine to an early frost!!

Thanks, Tony but you won't believe this we had a frost Sun. night and the bird baths were frozen over. When I went out to feed the critters the temp was 31F There was frost damage but mostly just the tops were burned so they are still going. I'm surprised that so much escaped damage. There should be more tomatoes before we get that killer frost and everything goes even when covered. This year we only had 2 months without frost, July and Aug. :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I was the first to get the spit rod and love it , but the half basket is awesome for a chook or leg of lamb when you can't be stuffed

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

Totally agree, the basket splitter is awesome, so glad I got that, I’ve cooked chicken thighs the last couple of nights and it’s awesome to be able to start them on the indirect side then flick them across to direct finish them off and get a bit of char on them!

Give me a shout when you’re down this way and come round for a beer!
  • Like 1

Thanks, Tony but you won't believe this we had a frost Sun. night and the bird baths were frozen over. When I went out to feed the critters the temp was 31F There was frost damage but mostly just the tops were burned so they are still going. I'm surprised that so much escaped damage. There should be more tomatoes before we get that killer frost and everything goes even when covered. This year we only had 2 months without frost, July and Aug.  
Brrr I can't stand the cold give me the sun anyday

• Haha 1

Totally agree, the basket splitter is awesome, so glad I got that, I’ve cooked chicken thighs the last couple of nights and it’s awesome to be able to start them on the indirect side then flick them across to direct finish them off and get a bit of char on them!

Give me a shout when you’re down this way and come round for a beer!
Great to see you are loving it mate as you know totally worth it . Cheers we need to catch up for sure .I have pepperberies

Great to see you are loving it mate as you know totally worth it . Cheers we need to catch up for sure .I have pepperberies

Thanks mate, I’m still amazed every time I cook on it! Absolutely sensational Kamado!

Everyone that’s seen it absolutely loves it.

We had a couple of guys come round to quote on some shutters last week, when one of them spotted it he couldn’t believe it, couldn’t stop talking about it, I heard him say to the other guy he was with “I’m gonna tell Matty I’ve seen one in the flesh, he’ll be spewing” haha
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thanks mate, I’m still amazed every time I cook on it! Absolutely sensational Kamado!

Everyone that’s seen it absolutely loves it.

We had a couple of guys come round to quote on some shutters last week, when one of them spotted it he couldn’t believe it, couldn’t stop talking about it, I heard him say to the other guy he was with “I’m gonna tell Matty I’ve seen one in the flesh, he’ll be spewing” haha
Definitely a show piece .when I sold my kj classic they spotted Ora

• Like 1