DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

On 10/7/2018 at 9:20 PM, tekobo said:

My marathon cook post last Sunday ended with my "after party" cook of roasted beetroot, celeriac and slow cooked lamb shank.  

2106072721_uYLL3DZGQGaK74yIsgCLQ.thumb.jpg.f137eb454140ff7d7cfe6abc2ea705db.jpg

This weekend I reduced the stock that the lamb shanks were cooked in and added the shredded lamb shank meat

588710802_xwDkQ2ycRQSwjAOU0Y5A.thumb.jpg.7cce2c8fef942ef52702f88597be4335.jpg

That would have been tasty enough on its own but it came out great with giant couscous and pomegranate seeds.  Best of all the pomegranate came from a friend's garden at her house in Greece.  Happiness all round.  The recipe is here: http://www.foodthinkers.com/slow-cooked-lamb-shank-and-giant-couscous-salad/   Heston got more height into his presentation.  Hey, who cares?  It tasted great.  

2SmTFRCRSDO19zat03wjlA.thumb.jpg.124931354e62becc0ed4d9bd64451f0a.jpg

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 4

Really interesting [mention=2394]MacKenzie[/mention].  Looks like an egg white pizza.  I have never been a fan of "healthy" but I do have a load of egg whites left over from making pasta and your egg white base could be a good way to use them up.  
LOL I had mine leftover from making ice cream. I did end up rolling it and that worked just fine.

Cooked up some porterhouse pork chops using a reverse sear tonight on the kk. Served with some noodles and fried apples.

IMG_4562.thumb.JPG.d8917111ffd058f6e42370085a1b70d1.JPG

Got to fire up the infra red heaters -one of my favorite new things in the ODK. Ok, it wasn't that cold but I am in shorts and a t-shirt so it really knocked the chill out of the air. Should help when things turn really cold. 

IMG_2695.thumb.JPG.98f41256cde77c7ce45bfb0e1d91156c.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Dinner is looking good, Steve and that infra red heater is sure going to come in hand when the chilly weather sets in.:)

Thanks MacKenzie, I think it will take the edge off on just about any of the weather we get here. Plus I will finally have a sheltered spot out of the rain (if I can get the island finished lol).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Thanks, Steve, believe me after those ribs this was delicious. I had two more packages of those ribs and just put them in the garbage. :smt041

Dang, that's a shame. I guess that falls under the "life's too short to eat meatless ribs" category. I applaud your decision making process.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1