DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

2 hours ago, Jon B. said:

Everyone logging onto the forum to find out what the mystery shapes are  :-D

Never was a truer word said in jest.  Luckily Dennis averted an international incident by getting the forum back up and running.  We've now just got to be patient and hope that @Steve M remembers what the shape was BEFORE he finds that bottle opener.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tekobo said:

Never was a truer word said in jest.  Luckily Dennis averted an international incident by getting the forum back up and running.  We've now just got to be patient and hope that @Steve M remembers what the shape was BEFORE he finds that bottle opener.

:sign5: crisis averted.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.  :pint:

• Like 1

Pizza night around here, started the dough last night and put it in the fridge for an overnight ferment.
Out of the fridge-
1232295280_PizzaDough.thumb.jpg.c062fcd2454588e9e96c70d95536e8c7.jpg
Ready to finger press into shape.
344669405_DoughReadytoPressOut.thumb.jpg.83910ffcc17ffe68ada689881f27da0b.jpg
Ready for the toppings, KK bacon ends, smoked cheese, red pepper, green onions, mushrooms,fennel and anise seeds along with some of my dried oregano.
1363650193_PizzaDoughStretched.thumb.jpg.310a0b3730f915e8780c45ef0c469a11.jpg
Baked at 500F for 9 mins.
1359905750_BakedPizza.thumb.jpg.35bc26c6f6e930ab2a8fb4a2652d0c1b.jpg
1059823485_PizzaSlice.thumb.jpg.98e91b1ea353a7711066c15a5d8f7abb.jpg
Plated.
1182109585_Pizza3.thumb.jpg.c90ecae05d5b38e03c138b8fd2936bb0.jpg

That looks terrific Mac do you have a recipe

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Great looking legs, Aussie. :)

Here you go, Aussie, pizza dough recipe.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-new-york-style-pizza-dough.html

INGREDIENTS

22.5 ounces (about 4 1/2 cups) bread flour, plus more for dusting

.5 ounces (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) sugar

.35 ounces kosher salt (about 1 tablespoon)

.35 ounces (about 2 teaspoons) instant yeast

1.125 ounces Extra Virgin olive oil (about 3 tablespoons)

15 ounces lukewarm water

1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in bowl of food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times until incorporated. Add olive oil and water. Run food processor until mixture forms ball that rides around the bowl above the blade, about 15 seconds. Continue processing 15 seconds longer.

2. Transfer dough ball to lightly floured surface and knead once or twice by hand until smooth ball is formed. It should pass the windowpane test. Divide dough into three even parts and place each in a covered quart-sized deli container or in a zipper-lock freezer bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least 1 day, and up to 5. Remove from refrigerator, shape into balls, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours before baking.

I used weight measurements and only made half the above recipe and that gave me 2 X 10 inch pizzas.

319g bread flour

9.25g sugar

4.9g salt

5g instant yeast

18.2g virgin olive oil     This will vary depending upon the oil you use so perhaps you should use 1.5T

213.6g lukewarm water

Notes:

This dough will be sticky, so I finger it to fit the size I wanted. By that I mean I use my fingers to push it out to the size I want.

This dough is light and chewy, I love it and so simple and fast to make

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great looking legs, Aussie.
Here you go, Aussie, pizza dough recipe.
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-new-york-style-pizza-dough.html
INGREDIENTS
22.5 ounces (about 4 1/2 cups) bread flour, plus more for dusting
.5 ounces (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) sugar
.35 ounces kosher salt (about 1 tablespoon)
.35 ounces (about 2 teaspoons) instant yeast
1.125 ounces Extra Virgin olive oil (about 3 tablespoons)
15 ounces lukewarm water
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in bowl of food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times until incorporated. Add olive oil and water. Run food processor until mixture forms ball that rides around the bowl above the blade, about 15 seconds. Continue processing 15 seconds longer.
2. Transfer dough ball to lightly floured surface and knead once or twice by hand until smooth ball is formed. It should pass the windowpane test. Divide dough into three even parts and place each in a covered quart-sized deli container or in a zipper-lock freezer bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least 1 day, and up to 5. Remove from refrigerator, shape into balls, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours before baking.
I used weight measurements and only made half the above recipe and that gave me 2 X 10 inch pizzas.
319g bread flour
9.25g sugar
4.9g salt
5g instant yeast
18.2g virgin olive oil     This will vary depending upon the oil you use so perhaps you should use 1.5T
213.6g lukewarm water
Notes:
This dough will be sticky, so I finger it to fit the size I wanted. By that I mean I use my fingers to push it out to the size I want.
This dough is light and chewy, I love it and so simple and fast to make

Awesome Mac ta

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I had dough left from last Fri. so pizza for lunch. I have a couple of tips that I use:

1. Put the dough on parchment paper when you are ready to stretch it out.

2. Wet your fingers as the dough will be sticky, keep wetting them as needed.

Lunch.

Lunch.thumb.jpg.c45dd8c00bfeeba3f4b39d7ee4c9a62a.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
MacKenzie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1