DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Nice basket of goodies there, MacKenzie! Other than the Chimi mix, I probably have all those others in my fridge/pantry right now (but from different sources.) Toss up for me between the Aleppo and Gochu-Garu as my "go to" hot pepper these days. 

Try the green peppercorns in a salad dressing for fruit salads - yogurt, honey, mint, green peppercorns and Grand Marnier. Very tasty. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2018 at 3:44 AM, Pequod said:

Naturally leavened focaccia. Topped with super high quality fresh pressed olive oil, fresh rosemary, sea salt, tomatoes, kalamata olives. The Italian grandmother in me is shouting, Mangia!

41CE5737-2ED8-4D57-B900-CD4B4D14BAE7.thumb.jpeg.db7292c2477cda9fd2c91389db04c0a8.jpeg

Beautiful bake..
Argh, I can't seem to get the image with this baked in the KK to open..   LOL
Would love to post this on Instagram.. the app that wants to be fed good content everyday..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Beautiful bake..
Argh, I can't seem to get the image with this baked in the KK to open..   LOL
Would love to post this on Instagram.. the app that wants to be fed good content everyday..

Will have to see what I can do. Early sunsets have impacted my ability to get outdoor cooking pics with decent light.

I cooked Steven Raichlen’s Sriracha Maple drumsticks tonight, such a simple recipe but so tasty!

Started off with a bit of salt, pepper and chilli flakes on the drummies, then onto the KK.

1f1568a867b3e6ac0b314f2661cd444d.jpg

Meanwhile, back inside I made the sauce.

6dae7baf54cc6a44ac757c63f009305c.jpg

After the drummies have nearly cooked, glaze them with a little of the sauce and then cook for a further 10 minutes to let it set.

274eb3b1cd580b37d06ac242e977ced9.jpg

d64412256f4eda51c19c9ad57e804e06.jpg

Nice and simple Saturday cook, but tons of flavour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

On 1/10/2019 at 4:57 PM, tony b said:

Nice basket of goodies there, MacKenzie! Other than the Chimi mix, I probably have all those others in my fridge/pantry right now (but from different sources.) Toss up for me between the Aleppo and Gochu-Garu as my "go to" hot pepper these days. 

Try the green peppercorns in a salad dressing for fruit salads - yogurt, honey, mint, green peppercorns and Grand Marnier. Very tasty. 

Tony, I had the Aleppo on my egg this morning, it was very good but just now I did a finger taste of the Serrano and WOW, I'd better use it sparingly. My lips are still stinging.:-D

• Haha 1

I've been wanting a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup so last evening was the time to do it. Found some nice KK roasted chicken in the freezer. Got out the slow cooker, first time in years and years. Added some celery, shallots, onion, carrots, Aleppo pepper, black pepper and chicken stock. Let that run for a few hours then added the chicken. Today heated it up and added some noodles. Mm-mm good.

1277205790_KKChickenNoodleSoup.thumb.jpg.f8990b43a42aedd676e50bab43069373.jpg

1896305133_ChickenNoodleSoup.thumb.jpg.931586632c171e7f60522b5b950a6e2a.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

I've been wanting a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup so last evening was the time to do it. Found some nice KK roasted chicken in the freezer. Got out the slow cooker, first time in years and years. Added some celery, shallots, onion, carrots, Aleppo pepper, black pepper and chicken stock. Let that run for a few hours then added the chicken. Today heated it up and added some noodles. Mm-mm good.

looks outstanding!

• Thanks 1