DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Great looking cooks one and all. Open up a restaurant and I'll be first in line all day' The oyster appetizers with chicken wing suya to start, and a choice of pulled pork, steak or hamburg...yum. They all look so well. Hammo 1981 if you keep cooking like that you'll never get them to leave. Bon apetit'

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tekobo said:

Next time they are going in the KK on a bed of salt!

Spot on! The bed of salt will help hold the oysters steady so that you don't lose the yummy sauce and prevents flare ups, too. But to get them hot enough, you'll have to use the lower grate, which makes picking them up a bit of a challenge. While I'll definitely try oysters on my yakitori, I'll take your lesson to heart and mind the temperatures. Never had an oyster "explode" on me, but don't want to either! However, if you ever get to the restaurant, the first thing you notice are the 2ft high flames coming off the grill from the overflow of buttery sauce! 

@MacKenzie impressive - both homemade buns AND cheese! But, I was pleased to see no beets on that burger (:hello1:), but the ketchup was a bit of a letdown! :evil4:

@alimac23 - nice pork belly bao! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2019 at 7:12 AM, MacKenzie said:

One more step closer to cheese burgers, I've got the cheese slices and I now have the buns.

I desperately wanted to reply "Nice buns" but thought it might be interpreted as rude.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, alimac23 said:

I’m busy planning a BabyQ, my wife is pregnant and instead of a baby shower she has requested a BabyQ so that everyone can come along and celebrate.

We’ve got about 40 adults and 10 kids coming over in a few weeks, I’ve got a 7kg brisket, 2 big pork shoulders, 4 racks of cape grim beef ribs (I’ll slice each rib into 4) and then we’ll have a load of sausages and chicken wings, loads of salads and breads etc.

Do you think that will be enough for 50ish people?

Congratulations to you and your wife @alimac23.

In answer to your question about whether that is enough food, it sounds like oodles for 40 + 10 halves.  It also sounds like a lot of work.  I had a party for 100 that went on all day and my main learning was that, even though it was fun having small bites like sausages and chicken coming off the grill all day the thing that people remembered and raved about was the brisket.  To give yourself time to enjoy the day you may want to focus on low n slow and wowing them with how well the KK delivers.

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 1

Cheers mate .going to rest it now .I have a vacuum pack that I will post to you this week

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I bet both the lamb and the veg will be superb! I haven’t cooked a keg of lamb in ages, I’ll have to change that.

Thanks mate that’s very kind, let me send you some $$ to at least cover the postage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk