DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Thanks mate, are you sure you don’t want any $$$ I’m more than happy to pay for the product and the shipping?

I’ve been absolutely smashing the pepper berry recently, I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sound really keen .I think you hooked mate .in that case the amount has gone down and the price up. Lol. It's all good mate .

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alimac23 said:

Thanks mate, these were cheapies from FJ’s, the only thing I don’t like about them is the little layer on the top.

I’ve got an epic cook coming up next weekend, I’ll be cooking:

2 x 6kg briskets
2 x 3 kg pork shoulders
4 big racks of cape grim beef ribs (my absolute favourite)
Lots of snags and chicken wings.

WOW! thats going to be one massive cook, lets have some pics of that 32" when its filled up.

Nice Ribs! How long did it take and at what temp?

Hey Flemming, thanks very much!

Beef ribs are a bit like brisket and tend to finish in their own time, this particular set took 10 hours at 110c

The first 6 hours were unwrapped, then they were wrapped in foil until they proved tender.

I’d say a good rule of thumb for beef ribs is to allow for a 10 hour cook, and if they finish early then rest them.

On 4/4/2019 at 7:30 AM, El Pescador said:

The video, the music, the meat on those ribs!  My favorite part had to be when, after stuffing a pound of succulent delicacies into his mouth, he proclaims, "its time to eat."  :smt046

Amazing.

I want to party at Flemming's place.

Any time!

On 4/3/2019 at 11:02 PM, MacKenzie said:

That was a wonderful first cook, it would be a wonderful 100th cook. :smt060

Thank you MacKenzie, well at least I'm of to a good start

On 4/3/2019 at 11:21 PM, Steve M said:

I've never seen that much meat on pork ribs. i need to have a chat with my butcher.

Amazing job on all of it.

Thanks Steve, Yeah, they where really really meaty  

On 4/4/2019 at 1:25 AM, tony b said:

No, MacKenzie, it was really pasta! :laughing6:

Damn nice looking ribs, Flemming! Welcome to the Obsession! 

Thanks Tony, I'm starting to understand what you all mean with "the Obssesion" it's really crazy, even my wife! are in love with the 32", what more can a Man ask for...Happy wife - Happy Life!

Yeah, we owners do tend to get a bit carried away with our KKs. They are just such a joy to cook on and your really have to work hard to mess up most cooks. Don't get me wrong, we've all messed up a cook or 3 in our times, but it's usually when we are trying something new for the first time or there are adult beverages involved!

Edited by tony b

The other day I caramelized a batch of onions in the slow cooker, just sliced up onions, nothing else, set on low for 24 hours stirring once and a while when I came into the kitchen.

Made a big batch of onion soup and here's lunch. I decided to put a little chili pepper on just for fun.:) 

1179178601_FrenchOnionSoup.thumb.jpg.14f2bd31a2a069a49bc218628be9ff50.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, ckreef said:

@Flemming I have to ask - what's with the gasser? Son and girlfriend don't deserve lump fired burgers? J/K

But not exactly. With that much real estate you could have direct cooked the burgers on one side while the salmon sucked up the indirect heat on the other side. 

:-( I know, a disgrace, but I’m in the learning phase, for the last 14 years I’ve only been using a Weber Summit gasser and I wasn’t ready doing to many experiments, but I will improve, promise! 

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flemming said:

:-( I know, a disgrace, but I’m in the learning phase, for the last 14 years I’ve only been using a Weber Summit gasser and I wasn’t ready doing to many experiments, but I will improve, promise! 

:)

I was slightly teasing. Not sure burger smoked salmon would be a good flavor - LOL - but the concept is there. 

• Like 1