DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

31 minutes ago, El Pescador said:

Are Octoforks a thing of the past?  An opportunity missed?  I went searching for them a couple weeks back and it seems the site is down and the product unavailable anywhere else.  Perhaps I'm not doing quite enough sleuthing?

Hi David.  I just took a look and the Octoforks site is there but there don't seem to be any products advertised for sale.  I dropped Keith, the owner, an email but given it is at his octoforks address that may well have been a waste of time.  Will revert if I hear anything.  Having said that, although Octoforks are really helpful for some non-standard roti cooks they are not essential and many people don't have them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that he might have gone out of business. While I have a set, I rarely use them for a couple of reasons - first and foremost, I seem to slice a finger every time that I use them - either putting food onto the forks or taking it off. They are very sharp and in close quarters to each other. Second, I found that I often had to tie the food onto them to keep it from slipping off, not only another opportunity to slice a finger tying food on, but just a pain to have to do it at all. I also found it difficult sometimes to get the food to balance for a smooth rotation, as the food is cantilevered out away from the center of rotation and can create torque on the motor if not balanced. 

4 hours ago, tekobo said:

OK. Good news, Keith did respond.  He said his website is under re-construction but you can get in touch with him direct to buy.  His contact email is on the website and the details of the products are back on there: http://octoforks.com  

That is wonderful news, tekobo, thanks for digging. :drinkers:

5 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

I ordered the MEATER block today. Now I’m wondering if I made a mistake, I already have a first gen. Single meater. Any comments?

Hey there Bruce.  At least one person has reviewed the MEATER block on the forum and they were happy with it.  I am very keen to get hold of one because the MEATER is the only thermometer I use (for simplicity and lack of wires) and I would like not to have to rig up two phones to get the signal into my house.  The only problem is how long it will take them to deliver. I am still waiting for mine, a year and a half on.  It would be good to hear from others who have also ordered the block.  

• Thanks 1

Tekobo, According to Meater they are shipping out to all the people who helped fund Meater. And then they’re going to ship out to people who have ordered them after they were funded. They said the people who ordered meters after they were funded should start getting theirs in July:sad: I take that with a grain of salt. But time will tell at least I got a good price on it.

• Thanks 1