DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

I have been busy cleaning out the fridge, took out 25 jars of "things", you know the ones, the ones that are leftover but you think you will use them later. Then did the same to the fridge freezer only this time it was 37 jars. In there I found a Salisbury steak sooo had that for dinner, it's gone.

Made some spaghetti to go with those leftover mushrooms.

Let's set the mood-

89871689_RainyNight.thumb.jpg.0158f5f1a5036dadaa834783e698e250.jpg

Pasta.thumb.jpg.9694338367e7c4a9c66f02e6d63dfee2.jpg

Dinner.thumb.jpg.4dc192de2270d8f91c241188d0c39f74.jpg

• Like 5

Haven’t posted for a while but have enjoyed the exploits of others.  Since last time, one successful duck, one ok rib of beef (too done for me to the delight of my wife but still great flavour), three simultaneous failures (beef cheek, ox tail, beef shin) where I didn’t have enough time and increased the temperature at the end to race to the appropriate internal temp ☹️.

V excited for tonight as am tackling brisket overnight again with the coffee rub this time.

993EF149-D208-4501-A72B-19BA4E57D17D.jpeg

EF9FBABB-EDE7-4133-B1C7-F61043EE62B1.jpeg

• Like 4

On 11/20/2019 at 1:24 PM, MacKenzie said:

Thanks, Aussie. I really don't spend a lot of time cleaning but the gunk doesn't get much of a chance to build up because I really don't like putting my food on it. It just takes couple on minutes at the beginning of the cook to clean it up and then you're off to the races. :-D

Mac, what do you use for steel grills?  My wooden scraper leaves more black than bronze exposed...

5 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

I just use what is called a Kurly Kate and after that I use an old dish cloth to wipe it clean. If I have thick stuff baked on then I use a metal scraper, followed by Kurly Kate and a last wipe with the old dish cloth.

image.png.bc3af5ae3c850ea869ff1da687efb015.png

You left out the "elbow grease" part :-D

• Haha 2

If you use anything like the Kurly Kate, or similar (brass bristle brushes, etc.), PLEASE be extremely careful to wipe the grates afterwards with a cloth, like MacKenzie said, as there have been folks end up in the Emergency Room after unknowingly eating a stray piece of metal that ends up in your food and causing major problems in your gut. 

I play it safe with a Grill Floss; others just use an open ended box wrench to scrap their grates with. 

If you use anything like the Kurly Kate, or similar (brass bristle brushes, etc.), PLEASE be extremely careful to wipe the grates afterwards with a cloth, like MacKenzie said, as there have been folks end up in the Emergency Room after unknowingly eating a stray piece of metal that ends up in your food and causing major problems in your gut. 
I play it safe with a Grill Floss; others just use an open ended box wrench to scrap their grates with. 
Great point, Tony.
  • Thanks 1

It's my birthday today Dee and I went out last night to see a local play it was hilarious. A great show by local actors . Dee wanted to take me out to a restaurant today but I decided road kill will be the go .shoved some tyme and purple crack butter under the skin and sprinkled with tony's penzeys poultry seasoning. 10fd9f9308b65e27fd83582bc2a26a49.jpgfaa9df49076cc12fafc3f9b07d7c6d66.jpgc16a731dea0d1ed1ba28e1ec90700f1a.jpg

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 4