DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

6 hours ago, Basher said:

That looks great.
Did you put some hot smoke over it too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I did a couple of hours or so with the cold smoke then added pellets and some chips to the lump for the cook. 

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 2

Hey Basher, you did a fine job on the lamb, spun it up and looking mighty tasty. Did you taste the Balsamic? It can soak a good long time.   And Mac those bacon strips are awesome, not a lot of fat, really lean as far as bacon goes. Those Nova Scotia pigs must work out at the gym and do a bunch of sit ups. American pigs are getting lazy.  Boxed steak Herbie J? OK.  The lengths we reach to when were too tired from work to go to the store. Only one? Seem to remember you have a family, you didn't eat it in the closet? Anyhow that rooks marvelous, must a been your birthday huh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

St Patty day is around the corner and the grocery stores in our area are well stocked with cryovaced corned beef. So I decided it was time to smoke some pastrami. I used a rub found on Amazing Ribs. The brisket flat was just shy of 5lbs, rinsed, soaked over night, rubbed this morning and on the 23 with peach wood for the smoke. My KKooker decided to settle at 270, I was shooting for 250.pastrami1.thumb.jpg.af2236d69cf4c7215f993ab6f118a6db.jpg  The cook only took about 5 hours, I was expecting some stall, but this flat shot right through it. Wrapped at 160 deg. , pulled at 205, rested in a cooler. 

pastrami2.thumb.jpg.a005dd648ed91ff0824c61e1cc226e3b.jpg

pastrami3.thumb.jpg.09203527c3f4369804f0d3827277ac8d.jpg

Pumpernickel, provolone, Dijon, sweet onion. 

That sandwich was sooo gooood

pastrami.thumb.jpg.9fa384ecf3cb701421125aab5bc72934.jpg

• Like 8