DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Tony, Mac, Pequod, they all look delish.

Corona chicken........ seriously, pequod are you trying to stir up the media further? Lol.

Here’s my land liver pate.

aa29ead2d33dd3e2b5feb9161e08116f.jpg

And playing around with the camera on a new phone.

fb1974c4212d8c02ea32a40e734c1453.jpg

Lots and lots and lots of butter, cream, and of course liver.

I’ll try it on some toast for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I thought it was a custard in appearance, the sprig of rosemary makes the pic.  Gotta say I was curious so I googled up Bisbane and took a view. I noticed the large and small islands off to the east all dedicated to a national park.  I thought what a great idea someone had to set aside all that generous space right next door in contrast to Bisbane. A nice place to live, wouldn't yah think, must be nice.

• Like 3

I thought it was a custard in appearance, the sprig of rosemary makes the pic.  Gotta say I was curious so I googled up Bisbane and took a view. I noticed the large and small islands off to the east all dedicated to a national park.  I thought what a great idea someone had to set aside all that generous space right next door in contrast to Bisbane. A nice place to live, wouldn't yah think, must be nice.

Tyrus that’s a butter seal over the top of the pate.
We enjoy Brisbane. Those islands are north and south Stradbroke Island, AKA Straddie to locals.
Fraser Island just north is world heritage national park. It’s the worlds largest sand island. Pretty cool place if you like to travel.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SSgt93 said:

Free range chickens along with locally made jalapeño and cheddar sausages (screen grab from an Insta story video).

I was looking at Dennis' insta feed the other day and saw that someone had two 42" KKs.  I missed that momentous unboxing.  Where are the goats???

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Good lookin chickens there Sarge I like the charcoal burn just at the edge of the bone, a tell tale sign it was done right.  And too Basher, what can you say,.... you lucky Dog.  Did these up the other day, since everyone's postin. 

DSCF2868.JPG

DSCF2867.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 9

I was looking at Dennis' insta feed the other day and saw that someone had two 42" KKs.  I missed that momentous unboxing.  Where are the goats???

I haven’t seen a goat yet. My guess is customs hangs onto them for their own private farm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good lookin chickens there Sarge I like the charcoal burn just at the edge of the bone, a tell tale sign it was done right.  And too Basher, what can you say,.... you lucky Dog.  Did these up the other day, since everyone's postin. 
DSCF2868.thumb.JPG.ed725fdebcc333f2e2d9450d05594e85.JPG
DSCF2867.thumb.JPG.da7e722e437bd8f3334c7a50269555c9.JPG

Great looking ribs! Love when the meat pulls back on the bones; yum!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here so I thought I would post a picture of some Salmon Candy that I made yesterday. However I forgot to include a shot of the salmon on the Grill! This was my second attempt at this recipe and it turned out much better than the first. My 1st run was using Steve Raichlen recipe from his “Project Smoke” Cookbook. Followed the recipe pretty close including an 8 hour brine followed by a 2 hour air dry in the fridge and about a 225F smoke for about 2 hours. The end result was lots of Albumin and not the deep smoky salmon color I was looking for. Went back to the drawing board and followed the brine recipe once again and brined for about 16 hours and then air dried in fridge for about 20 hours. Smoked between 150-185 for about 4 hours and then raised temp to about 225 for another 2 hours. This time it was a winner IMHO!

Cheers,

Paul

810F17EE-7E5C-4031-A833-3B729E32A769.jpeg

• Like 10