DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Breakfast, poached egg on toasted homemade whole wheat bread with cream cheese and steamed spinach. In the pouch with the egg is black pepper, Urfa chili, red pepper slices and some chives.

Served with winter green and a slice of bacon.

1425522038_PoachedintheMaking.thumb.jpg.8db8c7357bc644aa0a2533ee370165c4.jpg

Poached and plated.

1920386589_PoachedEggonToast.thumb.jpg.bd41d6c688edf5968f7ec9aa778ead4a.jpg

Sprinkle on the cheese.

1747776167_SprinkleCheese.thumb.jpg.4b1d31ea6b367311286a61ced855b87b.jpg

• Like 8

Some fantastic meals and cooks lighting up the screen here, I couldn't pick a winner.  The only conclusion I could come to was, "Y'all got way too much time on your hands."  You could be raking leaves...........better yet, you could be raking my leaves.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tyrus said:

The only conclusion I could come to was, "Y'all got way too much time on your hands."

:smt043

Well, between retirement and corona lockdown, yeah, I got a lot of time on my hands now! Having to get creative on projects around the house to stay busy.

Weather still hasn't turned yet here to be doing much yardwork. And, when it comes to "raking" leaves, that's what leaf blowers are for! Not a good day for it today though, seriously windy! 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, tony b said:

Having to get creative on projects around the house to stay busy.

I know it's crazy. My wife started in the spare bedroom and filled bags of clothes she didn't want, then to the porch where alot of plates and kitchen equipment was to be shipped out. Next she's in my closet thinning out things I've only had for 10-20 years...you know treasure, you can't find those clothes anymore, irreplaceable items. This virus is worse than a curse. Why don't she throw out the rake? Toney, make more beer!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I know it's crazy. My wife started in the spare bedroom and filled bags of clothes she didn't want, then to the porch where alot of plates and kitchen equipment was to be shipped out. Next she's in my closet thinning out things I've only had for 10-20 years...you know treasure, you can't find those clothes anymore, irreplaceable items. This virus is worse than a curse. Why don't she throw out the rake? Toney, make more beer!

Time to put a ball and chain around your KK Tyrus.
Mac that turmeric is suppose to have excellent health benefits. I’ve always found it lacked flavour- and turns everything yellow.
Let me know your preferred method of consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Basher said:

Mac that turmeric is suppose to have excellent health benefits. I’ve always found it lacked flavour- and turns everything yellow.
Let me know your preferred method of consumption.

I ate a small piece and it had flavour for sure and yes, my fingers are yellow. I'll use it in my morning smoothie along with a whole concoction of fruits and veggies. :

• Like 3

Wow, some seriously impressive cooks there everyone!

One positive out of the corona situation, everyone’s got time to slow down a bit, and the cooks just lately certainly reflect that!

I’ve been in the garden a fair bit, busy brewing and baking bread, all things I love, but rarely have time to indulge all at the same time.

Our daughter is 9.5 months old now too, and she’s seriously into her food, she amazes me every day, we’re so lucky to have a little girl that will eat literally anything (for now)!

Here’s a few random shots of other bits I’ve been up to:

946e74b48a60200d2b13cc2e016af7bf.jpg

dd79b072e48694a6ebf9a2452ca8364e.jpg

3c4a2327034f40b5bd44467969a1cf7a.jpg

53c034f4e26cb4852c55dc02996290a0.jpg

13247011bca091b0fb1e132ea32af75b.jpg

fae03675e0d5b3f8c2d0d84a52163283.jpg

c5392c983322586e328c3259e1734f23.jpg

66c31879e5c5f3f7bd3f14000422453a.jpg

e63daec47e2128e6b84f0768fb2c876b.jpg

• Like 11

[mention=3374]SSgt93[/mention] Your pork butt cook looked so fantastic.........I had to cook one.  I tossed a 10 lb. one on the 16"TT yesterday.   Turned out great!!!
1703730584_PorkButt.thumb.jpeg.ed65487209756084d6f120f727947244.jpeg

Nice! We love pulled pork.

A little tip: If we don’t eat it all, we use the Food Saver and shrink wrap it up to save for later. When you reheat it (either bring water to a boil and then back off the temp, place bag into water for 20 min or so, or use a Sous Vide) it tastes just like it did when it came off the grill. I actually used the Sous to reheat some baby back ribs last night.
5aff3595b8ec9f3c82e30e5db12f9592.plist

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SSgt93 said:

Nice! We love pulled pork.

A little tip: If we don’t eat it all, we use the Food Saver and shrink wrap it up to save for later. When you reheat it (either bring water to a boil and then back off the temp, place bag into water for 20 min or so, or use a Sous Vide) it tastes just like it did when it came off the grill. I actually used the Sous to reheat some baby back ribs last night.

Thanks for the tip!!!!   My 3 daughters and their families are all working from home and locked up tight.  When they found out I was cooking the pork they put in their to-go orders.  I delivered care packages last night.

Last nights dinner and my lunch today is all that is left.  👍 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Jon B. said:

Thanks for the tip!!!!   My 3 daughters and their families are all working from home and locked up tight.  When they found out I was cooking the pork they put in their to-go orders.  I delivered care packages last night.

Last nights dinner and my lunch today is all that is left.  👍 

Sign of the times: I actually read the first sentence as "Thanks for the TP!" and wondered how I'd missed out on this!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1