DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Pizza night. Sourdough crust with 10% fresh milled hard red wheat. DOP San Marzano tomatoes. Fresh mozzarella, prosciutto and artichoke hearts. Baked on the KK 23 with a baking steel for leopard spotted crust. There were no survivors.
D5DCF03C-EE7F-47EF-8433-06D62051EBF4.thumb.jpeg.a5def3ca1c409e205d320324096d16e7.jpeg

BDBC823C-B8DE-4626-AA9D-1FD1813D0D04.thumb.jpeg.b1190f7612cec43c37f9c65174bfc72c.jpeg

797E5732-BC33-46E2-AD06-A5BEEAB76111.thumb.jpeg.10801e300df3c0d80a9e8d34ab3237fc.jpeg

• Like 7

Rotisserie chicken two ways. On the left butter, olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper and rosemary, tarragon, thyme and fresh oregano 

on the right it’s Peruvian spiced chicken with pink Peruvian salt, garlic, black pepper, aji amarillo, aji panca & cumin

teboko & Tonyb inspired crispy air fryed potatoes completed the meal and I can’t believe I’ve lived me entire life without air fryer potatoes holy smokes! 

F1591901-E831-48F0-9C12-51BD93B7DC4A.jpeg

227EC0CF-EB1B-4294-AC44-030DDBF874F6.jpeg

208B3515-F4CB-4936-BA69-F8B4E0456C82.jpeg

CAE48C2E-3283-4B93-9424-279DF00E5225.jpeg

91F6A284-D597-45CF-9E41-CC3F36727171.jpeg

• Like 7

You are the master of ribs Aussie. I can never find ribs in Brisbane with that much meat on them. At $20/kg they have about 60- 70% bone mass so I never buy them.
Troble that bird looks plump and juicy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty lucky that I have a butcher that scores well

You are the master of ribs Aussie. I can never find ribs in Brisbane with that much meat on them. At $20/kg they have about 60- 70% bone mass so I never buy them.
Troble that bird looks plump and juicy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

brisket & meater update.

Brisket: Took a bit more time than expected to get to 203, thankfully nobody was relying on this for dinner. I put it in a Yeti overnight, but the temps got down to <140, so, into the fridge it went. I'll reheat for dinner tonight...haven't looked into recommendations on bringing it back up to temp, but I imagine I'll just put it back at 250 or so and check it periodically after 140 degrees. If anyone has reheated brisket, I'd love suggestions!

Meater: Pretty happy with the first day (happy to answer any questions folks have, I'll be using it a lot in the coming 2 weeks to make sure I want to keep it). Re the Meater graphs below: green is ambient, purple is in the meat. Side note: I love having ambient and meat readings in the same place. 

The dip in ambient temp at ~6 hours was when I pulled & wrapped it. I left the probes in, thus the dip in temps. At 10h40m into the cook I opened the grill to feel the meat for a few seconds...temps in the dome didn't go up that much after, but they did inside the meat -- must have been that I increased airflow to the Meater probes inside the wrap. Or something. Shrug.

image.thumb.png.4ff85d46aa0c8c3a0997f807f1633544.png

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Alohapiggy said:

How was the Bluetooth range on your meater.  Does it work inside and around the house?

Hmmm. I have a meater block. The block sits right next to the KK (has to sit right next to it). Then the block connects to my wifi, sending my temp data to the cloud. Then I can use the app on my phone from anywhere to get my temps. 

Obviously this isn't answering your question. What kind of test can I run for you? 

9 minutes ago, Alohapiggy said:

Sorry u have the WiFi model.  I was just curious about the Bluetooth range.  Not a problem hopefully mines ships soon. I couldn’t  resist the sale on the meater website.  

I did read somewhere yesterday on the Meater website that range with a ceramic cooker is about 10 feet. Hope you get the distance you need! 

28 minutes ago, oakland said:

At 10h40m into the cook I opened the grill to feel the meat for a few seconds...temps in the dome didn't go up that much after, but they did inside the meat -- must have been that I increased airflow to the Meater probes inside the wrap. Or something. Shrug.

That is close to the temperature I see coming out of the stall where the internal temps tend to increase.

And for reheating it to eat, you only need to reheat so you can eat a hot meal. You've already done all the hard work. Time to enjoy it now.

That is close to the temperature I see coming out of the stall where the internal temps tend to increase.

And for reheating it to eat, you only need to reheat so you can eat a hot meal. You've already done all the hard work. Time to enjoy it now.

One of the bigger tips in Franklin's book is to not make the mistake of pulling during the stall -- something about losing all momentum. I wondered if I pulled it too early last night. But, based on the graph, I honestly can't tell if there's a stall at all.