DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

2 minutes ago, oakland said:

One of the bigger tip's in Franklin's book is to not make the mistake of pulling during the stall -- something about losing all momentum. I wondered if I pulled it too early last night. But, based on the graph, I honestly can't tell if there's a stall at all. 

Hard to tell from the graph but I would bet you were close enough not to make much of a difference. You will also see less of a stall cooking at 275 than at 225.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

A little late night snack, pulled chuck roast, a little au jus from the roast, KK smoked cheese and pull apart bread made in the Vermicular

Mac that bread looks amazing! We may have to try that. 

5 hours ago, Basher said:

Oakland others may share there preferred method to re heat your brisket.
Alternatively, I have made this before and it was superb.

https://www.vindulge.com/smoked-beef-brisket-chili/
I’ll make this again when I have too much smoked meat in the cold room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup...we'll be turning this one into a stew or chili I believe, as we did with the last one! Results were better than last time, plenty of room for improvement. Not bad by any stretch -- fed the family, no complaints from the kids, and we'll turn it into a few more meals. 

I imagine it's mostly about experience, possibly grass fed. I have another grass fed coming to work on, and then after that I'll try a grain finished, see if that makes a difference. 

image.thumb.png.d7ca21e9009613c07b4cf2d872ce1ef9.png

• Like 2

With this graph scale, it's a bit hard to see, but based upon slope changes, it looks like you hit a bit of a stall around 3 hours in and was just coming out of it at hour 5. Notice that the slope was just beginning to uptick when you pulled it to wrap it. Good timing, if you ask me. 

@oakland looks like a good effort to me. I’ve found that I prefer prime grain finished. I’ve tried grass fed a few times and honestly the grain finish tasted better and turned out better than both grass fed briskets I did. Try to get a prime gain finished. They sell them at my butcher shop usually (haven’t seen one though in a month) and Costco Business has them as well 

I found some steer rib fillet in the butcher today.
Invested for the flavour and expected it to be a little chewy.
9b0dfd2108d67ce67a598cc1caa5f7dc.jpg
Ended up full of flavour and reasonably tender- not melting, but closer to rump in texture.
Here it is plated.
f0b87e3b3c923796eef99fe8cb6d8c7f.jpg

• Like 8

Had to take a few days to eat through all the leftovers from last weekend. 

Tonight’s meal was marinated pork tenderloin, marinated two days using this recipe https://www.slapyodaddybbq.com/2016/04/sweet-pineapple-soy-grilled-pork-tenderloin/

beussel sprouts with red onion, garlic, prosciutto (didn’t have any bacon or pancetta) and Balsamic  glaze along with air fryed Yukon gold otatoes tossed in sea salt, garlic, olive oil, black pepper, paprika and finished with Mexican cheese. Served with bottle of Justin cab

1D19811F-E183-419C-9C17-1608352DEBBA.jpeg

719296A6-C677-4006-8CF4-7CDF3A0582D2.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 8

Need to catch up on a couple of dinners. First, simple lemon-pepper chicken legs, direct, main grate, 350F, cherry wood.

1704213288_LockdownSgtMajorChickenLegs001.thumb.jpg.916c6b167103f5edd7561db83712cb5f.jpg

Plated with curry rice and sauteed zucchini and mushrooms. 

1144493014_LockdownSgtMajorChickenLegs002.thumb.jpg.5902a0d646eaacac843e4ff6c23e1cee.jpg

Last night was a Surf-n-Turf dinner. Found a piece of pichanha in the freezer, direct, lower grate, mesquite. Market finally started to get some fresh corn (likely from FL), roasted on the half grate.

1286051597_LockdownSurf-n-Turf001.thumb.jpg.e747be37d0de025acd7ce2ab13d419b1.jpg

The Surf - pesto shrimp pasta. Chimichurri mushrooms for the steak. Side salad w/blue cheese to round it all out. For early in the season corn, it wasn't too bad. 

352138282_LockdownSurf-n-Turf003.thumb.jpg.f237ee5a2a0ac386297781908c7d1d35.jpg

• Like 8

Cooked a brisket yesterday while I planted out the garden.
0d6a2455e2c76b5f1c96f944251d3239.jpg
Used some eucalyptus scrap from some house repairs for some smoke flavour. It was pretty good...... drinking, then got thinking, this house was built in 1913, so that wood was felled about 110 years ago!

• Like 9