DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

@Christinelynn and I made a roasted spatchcock chicken with a cast iron filled with potatoes and onions.  All seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic and smoked with pecan wood..  We placed the cast iron pan below the chicken to catch drippings. The potatoes are horrible for you, but taste amazing.  We weren’t going to post this because we smoked the spine for use in stock and it’s in the picture. The chicken still had about 40 minutes of cooking left when this was taken.

9FC0154C-4AA8-4DB9-84DE-F14DDB2923BC.thumb.jpeg.2fd2411a1a6ece5493448b17e3aff26f.jpeg

Edited by Wingman505
  • Like 7

Pecan-crusted pork tenderloin pinwheels with Carolina mustard sauce from my very good friend [in my dreams] Chris Lilly. Strips of swine tenderloin rolled up with bacon, crusted with ground pecans. A hint of hickory smoke to take it over the top. Fantastic. Soooooooey!

FAB82C13-B3E6-44F2-8A42-C0F4DE34015C.thumb.jpeg.b4754c39e14466c2321799605a449a74.jpeg
B61FF1A6-9349-44E2-B952-430AECCE5567.thumb.jpeg.ec6a829ef25a2747fc0bdf1515e087a2.jpeg

• Like 10

Reminds me that I have a gift certificate from a local butcher shop that's about to expire. They put together something they call "Miami Roll." Have no clue where the name came from, but it's a whole pork tenderloin, wrapped in tenderized beef (think cube steak), all wrapped in bacon. You can buy a whole one ($$) or they slice it into 2" thick slabs. Pretty good stuff. 

• Like 1

Super clean grates Pequod the Mac is gonna be jealous. Did I say your asparagus was without any butter or your chicken was alone..........no, you split the fire and made good on both.  Hope you and the Misses enjoyed this country meal. 

Inspired by Troble's shawarma cook. Mine was pre-marinated from Trader Joes - really good! But, unfortunately, no Pliny to go with it? 😪

Direct, main grate, 325F, hickory wood chunks.

65519875_LockdownTJChickenShawarma001.thumb.jpg.d259bac3c16381eb88da712f275adc3c.jpg

Plated with a nice Greek salad w/simple lemon juice dressing; warm pita w/sumac and parsley; yogurt sauce of lemon juice, fresh garlic, dill, parsley and sumac. With my favorite summer wine - vinho verde. 

131685811_LockdownTJChickenShawarma003.thumb.jpg.5221165f5aed6c70eed7c82732c0452c.jpg

Edited by tony b
  • Like 7

Tonight was a lovely thick cut pork chop, with corn on the cob and roasted garlic couscous; a nice salad to finish things off.

Grill @ 325F, with peach wood (what else??) on the main grate. Pork chop rubbed with Peach seasoning and Maple Cider rubs, with a dash of Maple Sugar crystals tossed in (nice combo!)

1496744313_LockdownPeachPorkChop001.thumb.jpg.5354f6e52a7e43292010db257d954211.jpg

Plated!

990606889_LockdownPeachPorkChop002.thumb.jpg.b49eeb390eef45528615aab0df2fd4cd.jpg

1607258489_LockdownPeachPorkChop003.thumb.jpg.92f9bfabdc009379b32a341156aa142b.jpg

This corn was pretty good, but I just can't wait for the local corn to come in!!! But, that's at least a month away. 😪

• Like 5

@tony b you’re chicken dish looks amazing as always. Can you enlighten me on why you love peach wood so much? I’ve only used it once and found it to be just ok nothing special but would love an education 

I’m gearing up to fulfill a grilling dream of mine and am going to do pork adobada tacos on the spit this Friday using this recipe as a template 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Troble you make my cooks sound boring.

Here’s the lamb tongues cooking away.

ba80e996582f0cb4674541b93d34129d.jpg

I have to say that stock smells, and tastes delicious.

Once peeled I’ve added coriander, olive oil, red wine vinegar and a little of my fermented chillie

97a24dc3c73857a1131d159294063725.jpg

This is the last of the under rated cuts of meat, be it lamb, beef, pork.

Oh I meant to say that was smoked with a wedge of blackbutt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

@Basher “you make my cooks look boring” he says as he’s grilling lamb tongues! Who even does that? Nobody in my neck of the woods. I’ll take your word on it for now. I’m sure it was delicious you seem to always nail your cooks

as for my adobada. It is quite literally my favorite piece of Mexican cuisine to eat. Mind you I don’t even eat them in San Diego, there are maybe a handful of spots that do it right but I literally drive down to the border (8 miles) park my car, walk across the border, go get some adobada tacos (at least 5 can be up to 7) eat those, then walk back over the border, get my car and drive home. Round trip usually 90-120 minutes. The Tijuana style adobada tacos is legendary. 

When I first began dreaming of my outdoor kitchen I thought the essential cooking devices were a offset wood smoker, my power burner side burner, gas grill, wood fired pizza oven and a Trompo. A trompo is how one cooks authentic al pastor. My wife correctly told me I was F’ing crazy and ultimately that’s how I got her to agree to let me get my Big Bad KK. It was cheaper than getting all those separate things. So being able to finally cook al pastor at home, authentically will be something I love and have dreamed about. Hopefully I don’t a screw it up. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_pastor

Edited by Troble
  • Like 1