DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

The aftermath.  They appear to have been a hit.  Best I’ve made, and a great first attempt on the KK  Looking forward to many more attempts.

I also cranked up the KK and threw on a couple of steaks that did not suck. No pictures of them as I almost lost an arm from the fam when I tried to rest them properly.

A70FDC8B-E941-4A84-9BC7-C2E864632948.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

It was clean out the fridge time, cooked some pasta and dumped in what ever I saw, a  little grilled cabbage, some pulled beef roast, previously smoked Havarti cheese, onion, olives, part of a can of enchilada sauce, mushrooms, more cheese, that's all I can remember now, put it in the Vermicular and let it settle in for a while. I was just hoping that I'd be able to eat it but low and behold it was very tasty, loved it.

1391529102_SaladandLeftovers.thumb.jpg.7aceb85d3365236b6ea993d18c6f7449.jpg

Had some leftover pastry and rhubarb filling so made another small galette. 

1882000357_LeftoverPieIngredonKK.thumb.jpg.249fa3864613a56b14243f5450ee3a91.jpg

It's mine all mine. :-D :smt077

1291599200_AllMine.thumb.jpg.82ac44ef2d030767b7fef26c9d6cdbb3.jpg

• Like 7

Cooked a bunch of chicken breasts for food for the next few days. Every time I make chicken breast on my KK my wife comments about how juicy it is. Indirect with mesquite wood then finished last few minutes over direct heat 

used the chicken for the summer Salad tonight with arugula, strawberries, candied walnuts, Parmesan cheese and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. And just for @tony b I took a photo of my wife and my favorite white wine from Trader Joe’s which pairs perfect with this dish 

took a couple KK cooked breasts and used them in a Mac n cheese with green peas that will be my kids dinner the next few days as well 

28EA1E6B-CF4A-41C4-9565-CCE5AA80AB1A.jpeg

D14A7A6D-5D7B-4EBC-BCB0-F28B2AA44937.jpeg

6F0CFE92-75D3-412F-8D1F-ECEA2F555FC2.jpeg

F5D8BCC7-1ACC-477C-934B-3E9D256C0D8A.jpeg

53A65553-88D0-46EC-8E7B-28615FFB8FCE.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 5

On 6/13/2020 at 9:26 PM, Troble said:

83 degree weather calls for Mediterranean food. Chicken schwarma with Mediterranean salad and homemade Tadziki 

first time I attempted this I cooked the chicken at 350 and I was only able to get bone in chicken thighs, so I did a mixture of bone in thighs and breasts which wasn’t ideal 

today I did boneless skinless chicken thighs and I also cooked it at 475-500 like I did my adobada/al pastor and I shaved the outside every 15-20 minutes avd jet the carvings fall into an aluminum tray below to crisp up. 

results are in and the high heat/foil tray crisping method was far, far superior to my initial attempt at this dish. Will be utilizing this method going forward 

4E684F41-A4A6-4DDD-B165-DB520E2B41BF.jpeg

C7476686-63C3-4E94-9BC2-D86FAAEB5A2A.jpeg

Thank you for this detailed description @Troble.  I am all set, ready to do a copy cat cook tonight.  I have 16 boneless thighs marinading  in the fridge.  Any tips about packing them onto to rotisserie rod? Do you thread each thigh on whole?  My mouth is watering already!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, tekobo said:

Thank you for this detailed description @Troble.  I am all set, ready to do a copy cat cook tonight.  I have 16 boneless thighs marinading  in the fridge.  Any tips about packing them onto to rotisserie rod? Do you thread each thigh on whole?  My mouth is watering already!

@tekobo   Here is the recipe I’ve been using for the marinade (I found it on Pinterest) https://www.unicornsinthekitchen.com/homemade-chicken-shawarma-recipe/

Definitely don’t over marinate the chicken 

After cooking it twice I definitely would do the following 

1. Definitely try to thread the chicken over the main spit and pull it over the forks to try to create an even meat stack 

2. get a foil tray or something you can place as an indirect heat shield but also something that can catch the meat.

3. Slice it as it gets done and let it crisp up a bit 

4. Mediterranean salad is really nice with it https://www.wellplated.com/mediterranean-chickpea-salad/

5. toast some pita bread 

6. I like more garlic in my Tadziki than this recipe but it works https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/easy-tzatziki-recipe-1924366.amp

its really fairly easy (&cheap) to make and it’s going to be a staple I my home especially during summer. 

good luck!

Edited by Troble
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Troble said:

And just for @tony b I took a photo of my wife and my favorite white wine from Trader Joe’s which pairs perfect with this dish 

While I saw the Sauv Blanc (which I've tried btw), missed the wife in the photo?? Unless you were referring to the KK as your "wife." :smt037

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, tony b said:

While I saw the Sauv Blanc (which I've tried btw), missed the wife in the photo?? Unless you were referring to the KK as your "wife." :smt037

She wouldn’t be happy with me posting pictures of her on the internet she already thinks I’m strange posting so much food pics 

• Haha 3