DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

5 hours ago, Troble said:

I’ve found that the key to a great bark is to apply a generous rub and then spray it every 30-60 minutes after 5-6 hours with the lid shut initially. I spray the sh*t out of my briskets 

Just be careful not to wash off the bark that you've worked so hard to create  by spraying too heavily/frequently.

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Just be careful not to wash off the bark that you've worked so hard to create  by spraying too heavily/frequently.

I’ve never had that experience and am very satisfied with my method for brisket cooking. The best bark formation comes in the last 2-3 hours and I stand firmly behind my belief that while some of ya’ll wrap your brisket in butcher paper that time where the brisket is in the butcher paper is when I’m doing my best work spritzing my brisket and getting that bark going nice and thick 

I typically put my brisket on at 11pm, I don’t open the lid until 7am then I spritz from 7am-12pm. My pictures show the results of this method. It works for me

Edited by Troble
  • Like 2

School holidays here and the covid restrictions are slowly being lifted.
So, our beach house is now accessible across the state border into New South Wales.
I had to duck back to work today- about an hour away and came back to this. In the fridge X 2
9502d9dfe2bcd321f250423f92057efb.jpg
The neighbour went fishing this morning and although I missed the fishing, he caught his load and generously donated.
Turned one of the red snapper into this.
86459add7b758c013048520bc4bab7dc.jpg
Delish, and very simple cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Pork chops with mushroom gravy today for lunch.  tonyb, you posted pics recently with mushroom gravy, had me drooling, I could not go any longer with out making some myself, it was delicious. Thanks.

This pork is a FFA project that was put on hold when the Houston livestock show was canceled due to the Covid. My friends grandson agreed to sell us half the hog. Very tasty.

porkchop.thumb.jpg.542d2203e0b5cefc8261b14d1e520b37.jpgporkchop1.thumb.jpg.64c6a462d4600876144a174324b157d6.jpg

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Basher said:

So, our beach house is now accessible across the state border into New South Wales.
I had to duck back to work today- about an hour away and came back to this. In the fridge X 2
The neighbour went fishing this morning and although I missed the fishing, he caught his load and generously donated.

I’m so jealous.  The military took me out of Massachusetts and I’ve basically been in Albuquerque, NM ever since.  I miss fresh seafood.  😭

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Basher said:

Looks delicious. My wife’s been asking me to grill some red snapper. Can you share how you prepared it?

Looks delicious. My wife’s been asking me to grill some red snapper. Can you share how you prepared it?

Really simple Steve.
Dry off the fish. Salt and pepper. Double salt on the skins side. Hot plate, generous dob of butter in the pan. Skin side down first, patience for about 2 minutes, then flip. Done.
I put the lemon juice over the spinach and tomato’s to steam in the same pan. I prefer the fish with a little crisp on the skin with lemon on the side( in the spinach)
Wingman, does this help?
19dc0fd532af6cc4e3e47facdb898f3c.jpg
b311fe2bf90c3956df41c69197e8d23d.jpg
57f83660b4ad0510a56ba2b9d44cdabf.jpg
That’s the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Basher said:

Really simple Steve.
Dry off the fish. Salt and pepper. Double salt on the skins side. Hot plate, generous dob of butter in the pan. Skin side down first, patience for about 2 minutes, then flip. Done.
I put the lemon juice over the spinach and tomato’s to steam in the same pan. I prefer the fish with a little crisp on the skin with lemon on the side( in the spinach)
Wingman, does this help?
19dc0fd532af6cc4e3e47facdb898f3c.jpg
b311fe2bf90c3956df41c69197e8d23d.jpg
57f83660b4ad0510a56ba2b9d44cdabf.jpg
That’s the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

Thanks!

• Like 1