DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Trying to avoid Thanksgiving dinner burnout. Grilled a Prime NY Strip for dinner last night. Direct, lower grate, mesquite chunks. Rubbed with Cowlick and Gunpowder.

1778828665_Thanksgivingburnoutsteakdinner001.thumb.jpg.a7f09a98ec704c4e21ffbd5e96b27326.jpg

Repurposed the green bean casserole by sautéing some spinach and mixing it in - creamed spinach green bean mashup! LOL! Nice baked spud. Sautéed mushrooms and chimichurri on the side. 

512814802_Thanksgivingburnoutsteakdinner003.thumb.jpg.24546b7c7292208b9f90f8e7116dc0f2.jpg

• Like 7

Salmon Sunday,  Truffle salt, Dill, Parsley and a shake of Salmon seasoning. If you don't have any Truffle salt in your arsenal....you should. Cajun fries and ketchup, cauliflower rice, & zucchini.  Oh this is one of the better Rieslings, accompanied with a meal or alone. 

DSCF3236.JPG

DSCF3237.JPG

• Like 8

@Tyrus I don’t own Truffle salt but you’re making me think I’m missing out on something. Good looking meal. I love me a good Riesling 

@tony b you’re one day ahead of me. I’m doing one more dinner of thanksgiving tonight then moving over to steak tomorrow. Excellent cook as always 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tony b said:

But, this sounds like a "must have."

Toney, records I don't keep, however a couple years back I was in Vail and managed to experience an extremely long market that exhibited a wealth of flavor, craft, BBQ and ambience . Time has passed and although I can't refer you to a name because it's all gone I found this at a local Super market holding, something quite similar. Quality is subjective over time, this replacement fit the bill when I ran out from the first so as you asked this is what remains of the second. Seems a pilgrimage to another store is upon me. I'm sure with a little effort you could find a variety of these salts to enlighten your day, or not. Choices, what's a person to do. Hey, if you find or stumble upon somethin good..........let me know, my bottle is empty and awaits the next arrival.

DSCF3243.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1