DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

11 hours ago, Troble said:

@Braai-Q truly awesome looking cook. I still need to get me a grill basket like you have another “gadget” that will need storage. I love the fact that the guy asked if you’re having a party, but when you’re cooking good food night as well make a lot and store it.

Lovely meal you and the Mrs put together. Happy New Year 

I think a grill basket is pretty easy to clean - contact area is much smaller due to the grain of the mesh and I find that they clean up well. If that helps persuade you. Also can be stored easily in the KK or hung off a hook as they're so light.

Happy New Year to you too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troble said:

@alimac23 I will post a detailed instructions in the pork thread tomorrow when I can it from my computer. It’s not hard. Anyone can do it. The key ingredients are available from Amazon. I measured the skewer just now and it was 11 3/4 inches. I had to push it to the back of the KK for it to fit under the done but that was no problem. 

I’ll do the instructions tomorrow 

That meal looked awesome. Look forward to the instructions. If my wife sees your post, I fully expect a trompo stand to enter our lives in 2021!

Looks similar to a Shawarma in method.

6 hours ago, Braai-Q said:

That meal looked awesome. Look forward to the instructions. If my wife sees your post, I fully expect a trompo stand to enter our lives in 2021!

Looks similar to a Shawarma in method.

@Braai-Q it’s exactly the same as shawarma but they use pork shoulder and Mexican chilies for the marinade 

Very nice al pastor! 

Sorry, dudes, but $50 for a garlic press is a bit over the top. I'll stick to my Oxo. Plus, most chefs don't recommend using one in the first place (One of Alton Brown's infamous "unitaskers.") Most of the time, I just smash the cloves on the cutting board with the side of a chef's knife and a quick mince.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tony b said:

Very nice al pastor! 

Sorry, dudes, but $50 for a garlic press is a bit over the top. I'll stick to my Oxo. Plus, most chefs don't recommend using one in the first place (One of Alton Brown's infamous "unitaskers.") Most of the time, I just smash the cloves on the cutting board with the side of a chef's knife and a quick mince.

I got mine on some Amazon offer, 50 bucks is nuts. I use their spoons - brilliant for non stick. Was about £15 if I recall which is going rate for anything of that sort. Depends on what I'm cooking or how much of a hurry I'm in. I use the two bowl method to peel and then throw into a Bamix if I'm doing a lot or I do chef knive and crush method you use for marinades. It's a well made piece of kit, can't fault it.

• Like 1

Pizza and naan night tonight in our household. Pizza was good, Mrs BQ has been varying the salt content based on how long we have to prove the dough. I think there is a biochemist trying to get out. The reduction in salt content does reduce the elasticity or rather the bases when stretched out are more prone to tearing. Interesting how micro adjustments (reducing salt by a couple of grams) manifests itself so obviously. 

Topping was homemade passata (San Marzano home grown) with French goat's cheese, saucisson sec, caramelised onion, mozzarella and prosciutto.

The naan was a complete failure. I forgot to make the dough as I got distracted with a DIY job that was more complicated than originally thought so I think that'll be for curry night next Saturday. Been meaning to do it for ages. 

Had some brioche that was nearly stale and decided to do a bread pudding dessert. Brioche soaked in custard (made from milk, egg, Bourbon (Woodford Reserve in this case), vanilla essence. Add banana and pecan (my wife doesn't like nuts so had to forego), leave to soak for up to an hour prodding it to let the brioche absorb the custard. Sprinkle with demerara sugar and then bake for just under an hour at about 180 which was a good use of the residual heat in the KK. Serve with some vanilla ice cream.

IMG_6434_jpg.thumb.jpg.ac724e6de1a4b96e958899b531d99284.jpg

IMG_6443_jpg.thumb.jpg.334959d1481b2727d3ef022aed395f67.jpg

• Like 7

Meatloaf and potatoe scallop for dinner this evening. Both dishes were cooked on the 16 inch KK.

We are under a heavy snowfall warning. Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. First I'll have to get Little Barbie the snow blower out. That little thing will out blow machines two or three times the size.

Snow.JPG.8ac0c78eaa9ff25977d8945967f277bf.JPG

1497791234_MeatloafDinner.thumb.jpg.0f4cb3bff4c3fe0dccc4d81a7554aae8.jpg

Meatload.thumb.jpg.70c99c7fa82b7dbe23ecedebd429f34d.jpg

2010125429_InsideMeatloaf.thumb.jpg.cd0b2e00bba6b6b6a7590b86686d7d89.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 8

7c2466a5087c2aadf8ba3dc3c0ecbaaa.jpg
4c2ec8beaa39f173a847ef2f65784270.jpg
d1e17e2ab7e10a2a29bc19f5ef2cba4c.jpg
36470307344ae530bb47cdb4e1535c06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my first standing rib roast did me on the KK. The lobster tails were done on my Vision grill. But the absolutely best thing was the carrot cake that I did on the KK. the smoke is such an incredible addition to the carrot cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4