DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

We’ve got 20 people coming over tomorrow for Easter lunch.

There’s a mix of non red meat eaters, non lamb eaters and people that only eat chicken.

To cater for them all, I’m cooking a brisket, a lamb shoulder and a chook on the rotisserie.

More pics to follow, but I got some amazing meat from my local butchers.

1452aece051da07e8298a85638ed038f.jpg

0c56b3cd92c60bdbda5463de0b9d694d.jpg
d27a14b6498f00ef89051510e376723a.jpg
411087a91e258e81c1a3fc3236cad3ef.jpg
3c8823b75aa8af1a8e0e975f90774e13.jpg
c6f960a308d4d80a9ccd14a29968afae.jpg
7de0e2a864026990743d35cd8fef0979.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Those racoons are determined once they find food at your house, they will be back and back and they bring all their cousins and off spring. Worst of all they get more and more bold. :-(  default_icon_sad.gif default_icon_sad.gif

Chilli pepper works well. Put that outside as long as you don’t have a dog that can get into it.

Those racoons are determined once they find food at your house, they will be back and back and they bring all their cousins and off spring. Worst of all they get more and more bold. :-(  default_icon_sad.gif default_icon_sad.gif

Chilli pepper works well. Put that outside as long as you don’t have a dog that can get into it.

691beb98375066a8f97ee2c9a2028302.jpg

Dumb newbie question, but I’ve been wondering about it and saw it on this pic as well. The wet content on the that oozes out of the vent knob area...anyone know what that is? Meat sweats? I have a lot more of it with the coco char than any lump I’ve used. Assume it’s just condensation making it’s way out but why not ask the forum.

1 hour ago, Buzilo said:

I put chilli pepper flakes around a lot of my yard but they still went to places where there wasn’t any flakes or dug around trees that maybe didn’t have enough. I can’t conceiveably put red pepper flakes on every patch of dirt in my property. It wouldn’t be cost effective. I’m smoking a brisket and was up last night and saw that rascal in the act. We had an hourlong stare down when he ran for my pool to the roof and I was getting my KK and brisket going 

@alimac23 can’t wait to see the finished product. Great looking cook 

Edited by Troble
  • Sad 1

@MacKenzie I appreciate your concern. I called a wildlife relocation service got them coming out Monday morning to set some traps. I spent probably 60-90 minutes last night messing with that thing. It went up on my new roof and I know they like to make homes in chimneys and attics. It also looked huge abs swollen possibly pregnant and its been tearing up my yard and drinking out of pool everyday for two weeks or more now. I’m gonna get it caught and relocated by someone other than me. There no way I’m letting that thing ruin my new HVAC, roof and yard that I put done much time into 

• Like 1

The last time I set a live trap to get a racoon I got a skunk. It took me a while but I did get it out without getting sprayed. When I saw a skunk in the cage I asked the neighbour for help because I though he'd caught them before. I was mistaken and he had never caought and was too afraid to deal with mine. That left me no choice, I must admit it took me some time to get the courage up and to figure out what I was going to do. That's the trouble with  traps, You never know what you are going to get. I think you are on the right track by calling someone in to deal with it. I hope you don't have any more.

image.png.53d2eab423372946dcdf86e7677949bd.png

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 2

Amazon [mention=3378]Basher[/mention] Predator Pee 100% Mountain Lion... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AL6C14U?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I did ask the same thing though. Unfortunately freaking raccoon was back so mountain lion peed proved effective for one night.....grrrr

Boooring! 🥱

Btw, to deter wildlife that scratches around and eats stuff, use chilli powder, not chilli flakes.
It works for our scrub turkeys

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Syzygies what is the fire pit like thing you are cooking the broccoli on?

Charmoula.thumb.png.7a70da62e7bd9b4fe90fec3b405f5b0e.png

That's actually some black cod that cost more than my first car, with green charmoula. Ointment of the Gods, except the olive oil causes flareups. I'm tempted to leave olive oil out of the marinade stage.

The fire pit is a Solo Stove Ranger, Frankenstein-paired with a Breeo Outpost 19 adjustable grate, all riding on a Harbor Freight Utility Cart. My neighbor has half a dozen alternatives for BBQ equipment. I could get by for life with just a KK ceramic cooker and a Solo Stove grill.

I can set up and light wood chunks and charcoal with iso alcohol in 90 seconds, be back in the house cooking sides till it's time to grill. I love the Solo Stove. When I want the deep flavor of slow-cooked barbecue, or a pizza night, I use the KK.

(The Sonos bass response really was outstanding inside the KK. This wasn't disrespect. When Yanni played inside the Pyramids, was that disrespect?)

Solo Stove (KK thread)

Edited by Syzygies
  • Like 3

My wife is getting her 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow morning.  she works in the schools. In anticipation of her not feeling well or being able to help with the kids tomorrow we decided to do our big cook today and just eat leftovers tomorrow 

I’ve stated before that brisket is my favorite thing to cook and my first love in BBQ. I usually cook mine unwrapped. I’ve recently been turned on to the venerable @tony b favorite rubs and have been working my way through some of them so today I did my Easter Brisket @tony bstyle and it did not disappoint. In fact I’m now re-evaluating some of my go to choices for brisket which says a lot considering it’s my favorite thing by cook. Thanks @tony b for the recommendations 

Lane’s BBQ Brisket Rub

Butcher BBQ Brisket Injection 

Slow  cooked at 215-220 for 12 hours, wrapped in pink butcher paper for 3 hours and ramped up to 250-275. Note -( I have not wrapped a brisket in pink butcher paper in 3+ years, it was how I first started cooking brisket but I’ve since grad away from it....may need to return to it based on today) I also never usually inject my brisket but did today abs the meat was extremely juicy 

Incredibly juicy and flavorful. Wife loved it 

served with garlic, sour cream, Parmesan & chive mashed potatoes and homemade cornbread 

Happy Easter All

E02D9DFA-FAFD-4057-AA70-BA0CC41966A2.jpeg

A6E15E06-4F88-4A47-A17D-E68FBC9321C6.jpeg

F383D65D-9FA7-42E2-B070-81193033CEB2.jpeg

79B4C1B8-6E15-4F45-92BE-11065500DF5A.jpeg

A0A51707-FF8B-4038-AA2D-DF8A7C524AAE.jpeg

4AA3E90B-E0F6-49B6-B3D4-41DC31B225F2.jpeg

BEE38987-104A-45A9-A009-7DED161A0D79.jpeg

362961FF-53B3-4564-8347-9548B5A2A45A.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1