DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Recently went freezer deep diving and came up with a couple of packages of snags (beer brats and merguez) that were over 6 years old. Looked just fine. The power of the FoodSaver! Thawed out and tossed on the main grate, direct, 325F. 

1138348349_6yroldsnags002.thumb.jpg.960366443267aaced9bc225194c35c75.jpg

Plated with the leftover au gratin spuds and a salad. No midnight runs to the bathroom, so they were still good (tasty too!)

1043955466_6yroldsnags003.thumb.jpg.18bab11443b3b4b824d83c358874378d.jpg

An assortment of good mustards to compliment the snags!

2134987192_6yroldsnags004.thumb.jpg.787a2aca16f756ab2b4f7d0e04ca1a05.jpg

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

@Troble, does this look like your kitchen these days? 

I got someone out here Monday morning and we set traps but the bugger hasn’t showed up. I’m pretty sure when I encountered it it was pretty pregnant so my theory is it gave birth this week and will return shortly....

• Like 1

I got someone out here Monday morning and we set traps but the bugger hasn’t showed up. I’m pretty sure when I encountered it it was pretty pregnant so my theory is it gave birth this week and will return shortly....

Nice one Mac.
So now 1 becomes 4.
You will need to plant some more veges Troble to feed the growing family!
We have a similar problem with possums. The possum trapper catches possums on the south side of the river and lets them loose on the north side, then gets called in on the north side to catch them, and lets them loose on the south side.
It’s a possum vacation all year round...... and a great business model!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Basher, we had a similar situation here a few years ago, the trapper caught the racoons in town then brought them out to the country, just a short distance down the road from me and let them go. One day I caught him doing it and waited for him, that was the end of that.  You are only allowed to release them on Crown land. It hasn't been nearly as bad since that stopped.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Basher said:

Nice one Mac.
So now 1 becomes 4.
You will need to plant some more veges Troble to feed the growing family!
We have a similar problem with possums. The possum trapper catches possums on the south side of the river and lets them loose on the north side, then gets called in on the north side to catch them, and lets them loose on the south side.
It’s a possum vacation all year round...... and a great business model!

It’s illegal to release them outside their immediate  habitat in CA so they get put to sleep if they get caught rather than get moved and released....apparently that’s more humane in the eyes of CA Environmentalists

Edited by Troble
  • Like 1

A bit safer cook last night. Fresh pork cutlets, African style (3 different Suya rubs and one Berbere). Direct, main grate, 300F. Such a short cook, no smoking wood.

1668482296_AfricanPorkCutlets001.thumb.jpg.b83ce453763f32599127f08ce1e78e56.jpg

Plated with herbed bulgar and tzaziki sauce, and paratha. 

1411668915_AfricanPorkCutlets002.thumb.jpg.dff46949b7be7c8785a4e24e922ff61f.jpg

And a nice IPA to help celebrate National Beer Day (April 7th - the date that Prohibition was repealed!)

• Like 7

No food pictures yet, but embarking on my first overnight and rain cook at the same time. It’s going to be raining brisket tomorrow.

Full packer at 250 deg with coco char and hickory chips in the cold/hot smoker attachment. Still haven’t drilled into my smoker pot yet...

Classic salt and pepper rub. I’ll post the good pictures tomorrow.

c6d44872078556c9f252561d146197d3.jpg

• Like 4