DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Thanks everyone. It was a delicious meal for sure.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to stack the chicken thighs onto the trompo? I laid all of mine the same way, but I’m wondering next time, whether 90 degrees to each other, alternating might be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/9/2021 at 5:47 AM, alimac23 said:

Can anyone offer some advice on how to stack the chicken thighs onto the trompo? I laid all of mine the same way, but I’m wondering next time, whether 90 degrees to each other, alternating might be better?

Prior to stacking. Consume 2 strong beers. Once you have a good buzz start stacking meat. Do so in an alternating fashion. One east/west then north/south, east/west, north/south etc

after finishing stacking consume another beer 

and one other note. You can try this dish with pork shoulder as it’s traditionally served in Mexico, but the sauce will work with any meat. I’ve posted detailed instructions and this video over in the “Pork” section on the board

Here’s the video guide 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'll be jumping on this bandwagon soon. My cheapo version of the Trompo King arrived today from Amazon. It's was less than half the price.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0882VPRPS

I'll probably set it in the double-bottom drip pan to catch the shavings (I might have just found an actual use for this damn thing!) I liked this one over some of the similar models, as it has the elevated disc. 

• Like 1

Brisket finished wayyy early. Expected ~16 hours took 11.5. 16 lbs @ 235-250F. Back up plan to hold in the oven until dinner. Bark lost a bit of crunch in the process but flavor and juiciness held. The point was a bit more roast like than I usually love but all turned out great considering.

115d055aa4f621ee8b4b00b8f5eb5239.jpg

Very juicy and smoky. I wanted to cut into it terribly this morning when it finished because it had great jello jiggler jiggle, but I abstained.

Rosemary and roasted garlic gold potatoes with some Parmesan for crisp.

Mac and cheese...no credit deserved, just warmed from the store.

26af43605ea8181e303da66c3a56f775.jpg

72c4794b4f727c586984e08fc6a286e5.jpg

• Like 7

Nicely done BOC.
Troble your pizza cooks keep getting better.
I’m 2 hours into that lamb shoulder.
094a0f78a20ef98a6867eb9574477202.jpg
That annatto marinade is bland to taste, however, once it’s exposed to flame.......... my goodness there’s some sort of caramelising BBQ Nirvana going on with it.
The smell is an ultimate BBQ. Can’t wait to taste..... only 4 hours to go.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, alimac23 said:

@Troble's beer, stack, beer, stack method is much more exciting than mine!  I rotate mine by 60 degrees in each layer so that I return to original position every third piece.  Exposes more of the edges to the flame I think.  

For my most recent cook I realised that carrying an exposed spike down the stairs to the KK was not the best idea I had ever had.  Safety tip for the day: put a cork on it if you have to carry your trompo king around and don't have the meat or pineapple stacked to the very top.IMG_9278.thumb.jpeg.cba6b6dc1f929b052aebb7abd69dc77b.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Needed lunch meat for work so pork loin it is. Nothing fancy...just S&P, garlic and thyme. 

On a side note...I had the pleasure of meeting Tony B. the other day. We had a couple beers together at Russian River Brewing in Santa Rosa CA. I can tell you Tony is as nice in person as on the forum. Good conversation along with good beer. 

Pork Roast.jpg

Pork Roast 1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

When I was first researching the KK I stumbled across this video and I remember it being a defining moment in my decision to purchase a KK or not. I distinctly remember telling myself “I want to cook global cuisine....I think I should get the KK” after I watched this video 

fast forward 18 months, I’ve never attempted this recipe but @Syzygiesrecentky posted it and it spurred my memory bank 

so I present boneless leg of lamb Tandoor style on the rotisserie served with Indian basmati rice 

FE86C1AB-2E42-4244-B8D5-D54EF461EC4C.jpeg

7471F92A-4896-4281-9800-35C5A9C9B61E.jpeg

C1AB46D3-2970-4302-8D78-FDBD12AB9830.jpeg

393B36E2-A25B-4A16-BF06-D00420CA08CB.jpeg

6BA0DD05-3537-4D56-B948-7AAF72F0583A.jpeg

A1BBC2C5-1161-4BA5-992E-3D0C1615B61B.jpeg

1CC0A69D-4853-4E97-9138-069CF2257CCA.jpeg

C64A3D2F-2F71-4612-A187-235CF2B5EC63.jpeg

• Like 9

@tekoboi think you are right as I also picked up that Indian BBQ book, however I am gearing up to have my best buddies over on Cinco de Mayo for a vaccination party/taco extravaganza 

Note for future....when your 5 year old insists on helping you in the kitchen and you’re making “hellfire fury sauce” do not give in no matter what. She didn’t touch anything save for peeling my garlic, but  somehow the habanero got in her eye and made the next hour of my life not so fun.....

Edited by Troble
  • Sad 2