DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Lots of beautiful meals being posted !!!!!!!

Just a simple sausages with peppers and onions. I get the sausage from South Market BBQ in Elgin TX. This is a mix of their country sausage and the jalapeño and cheddar.  Followed by watching the sun set at the lake in the 442 😁

45209331-6597-4BE7-84A7-8FDD4B2C5A37.jpeg

23886467-9994-4905-8A7B-CE780053C8DA.jpeg

• Like 9

No picture of the cook, but here is the result (just a pork loin on the kamado anyway):
8b127662157b8a236df5589559e62bca.jpg
09700f2bb6c018479b43e0fe2fa3dc53.jpg
Whole pork loin deli style, smoked on the kk for 4h with cherry and apple wood chunks.
10 day cured with some spices, than rubbed with Maille mustard and a jalapeño maple dry rub (local brand).
Amazing taste. 2,6kg. Glad to have a slicer. Was doing it all with knife before.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 7

@C6Billid be interested in seeing what kind of chicken salads you make. I usually buy the value pack at whole food where you get 6-8 breast for $17-$22 and I cook them on Sunday night after I do a big KK cook. I usually do one of three things with them 

1. Summer strawberry chicken salad with candied walnuts, strawberries, arugula, Parmesan cheese & raspberry vinaigrette 

2. vegetable salad with carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, avocados, chicken, spring mix, Parmesan cheese & raspberry vinaigrette 

3. grilled chicken quesadillas with homemade flour tortillas, oregano, garlic powder shredded cheese and sliced  avocado on top 

I try to eat somewhat healthy when I can but I struggle for healthy chicken salad ideas and usually end up doing the same thing over abs over. I’ve posted all 3 of those dishes before but stopped because I cook them so much and they are so “boring” that I didn’t want to piss off @tony b or @MacKenziewith my pedestrian chicken breast dishes every week 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

[mention=3763]C6Bill[/mention]id be interested in seeing what kind of chicken salads you make. I usually buy the value pack at whole food where you get 6-8 breast for $17-$22 and I cook them on Sunday night after I do a big KK cook. I usually do one of three things with them 
1. Summer strawberry chicken salad with candied walnuts, strawberries, arugula, Parmesan cheese & raspberry vinaigrette 
2. vegetable salad with carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, avocados, chicken, spring mix, Parmesan cheese & raspberry vinaigrette 
3. grilled chicken quesadillas with homemade flour tortillas, oregano, garlic powder shredded cheese and sliced  avocado on top 
I try to eat somewhat healthy when I can but I struggle for healthy chicken salad ideas and usually end up doing the same thing over abs over. I’ve posted all 3 of those dishes before but stopped because I cook them so much and they are so “boring” that I didn’t want to piss off [mention=975]tony b[/mention] or [mention=2394]MacKenzie[/mention]with my pedestrian chicken breast dishes every week

Troble when I left home after boarding school as a kid my mum always said that I had to learn how to cook 3 favourite meals.
One of these was and still is a favourite, for my wife, daughter, and any other guest who stumbles into our house mid week. We know it as chicken asparagus. It’s really simple, very moorish, and pretty quick to prepare if you have pre cooked leftover chicken.
Try this.
4 seasoned cooked breasts diced, or a whole Chook.
15 asparagus spears/ or two tins if out of season.
1- 2 tins of cream of mushroom soup/ or cream of corn soup. I prefer mushroom.
1 tub of sour cream- 350g( 1lb)
1/2 cup of sherry or red wine
Cheese grated.
Paprika/ herbs of choice.
Layer the asparagus spears and chicken in a casserole dish.
Mix the cream of mushroom soup with sour cream, sherry, then pour over the chicken/ asparagus.
Grated cheese on top and a sprinkle of paprika
You can add real mushroom or corn or both and play around with your seasoning.
Oven roast for 30- 50 mins until cheese browns at about 180c( 360f) in your KK or oven.
Serve it over a bed of steamed rice.
It’s one of those meals you will keep eating until you feel like exploding.
Good luck with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2