DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

8 hours ago, tony b said:

Just have to ask - 142F seems low for poultry? But, the pictures show that it looks perfectly cooked. 

My target for boneless white meat is always 140. I hate dried out poultry 😁 If cooking a whole bird I will typically cook until I get my white meat in the mid 140’s and dark in the low 170’s. The only thing worse than dry poultry is biting in and finding blood in the joints 😫

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 1

You're more brave than I am. I could never stick that probe in the right place after I wrapped it. I always push the probe in from the side...where the flat meets the point, then wrap the whole thing...probe and all. But since you're making chili with it, it's not that critical  to get the temp perfect. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, C6Bill said:

I am absolutely a no beans person, chili doesn’t have beans !!!!! But my beautiful lady friend likes beans in it so we compromise and I put beans in 😁 I may be dumb but I’m not stupid lol

While that's all well and good, it doesn't explain the celery?? It's not gumbo, leave that to @Poochie🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1