DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Gosh, some really lovely looking cooks.  I remember @Basher had a view about why your chickens were coming out with a colour gradient @Troble.  No sign of that on your most recent cook.  Did you work out a reason?

@David Chang, I love your Indian meal.  Laughed at the thought of you getting a 32 up those stairs of yours, hernia by hernia as you said when you hauled the 19 KK up with your mates.  It may be that having two 19 KKs will work for you.  For my part I like the flexibility of being able to run two grills at different temps for different parts of a meal.  

• Like 1

Well, I didn't spin the chicken thighs, but I did take advantage of the 60F day to grill some for dinner last night (btw - it snowed this morning. Welcome to Springtime in Iowa!)

Direct, lower grate, 375F, peach wood. Spice rub was Berbere. 

99038959_BerbereChixThighs003.thumb.jpg.c18f02d98179bd6a9a830bf7f9bfa785.jpg

Au gratin spuds as the side dish. Not done on the KK - sorry. 

138854288_BerbereChixThighs002.thumb.jpg.d53f97f52e4e91c753696e89a5240eaf.jpg

Plated with an orange juice, butter and garlic jus, with a lovely salad of arugula, spinach, orange segments, feta cheese, sliced almonds and pomegranate seeds, with an orange juice vinaigrette.

664521767_BerbereChixThighs005.thumb.jpg.9085d2b01b8a7c442b9e2c0f12e25092.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks, Bruce! Life's too short to eat crappy processed foods and drink cheap beverages! One of life's simplest and greatest pleasures is cooking tasty food. Plus, we get the benefit of sharing it with our close friends and family, which makes it all the more enjoyable! 

• Like 5

I started with a full basket and after 14 and a half hours, this is how much it burned. An interesting tidbit is that I used a Looftlighter to start the coals right in the front center. That's the only spot I lit. As you can see, it burned from center to the left. I had a controller/fan for the cook. Lots of smoke wood didn't get ignited but I allowed for that by covering the top of the lump with smoke wood since I'm never sure which way the fire will burn. The brisket had a great smokey flavor. 

IMG_1883.jpeg

• Like 3

a guest of mine asked for grilled chicken ass.
i never refuse a challenge..
A8819762-02C9-4D8E-BC4D-612F2F2D0147_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.f169255f0f74280987f1847d56eda879.jpeg

and grilled picanha for the first time today . it was delicious..

image.thumb.png.ebbe011bc3a17ed8ed443e6cb3c2b748.png
image.thumb.png.caae62aeac9dcf759fb6b614bb737168.png

Great work David!

I think I’ll leave the chicken ass to your guest haha, but I’d definitely be up for the pichana!

Lovely knives, what’s the little one? It looks the size of a petty but the shape of a Deba, I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, alimac23 said:

Great work David!

I think I’ll leave the chicken ass to your guest haha, but I’d definitely be up for the pichana!

Lovely knives, what’s the little one? It looks the size of a petty but the shape of a Deba, I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@alimac23 the small one is an Katsushige Anryu AS Petty.  it's pretty much a paring knife at 80mm..

• Like 1