DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

I took advantage of the nice weather Tyrus was talking about. I mixed up some bell pepper and onions with chicken stock and some spices and simmered them in the KK while getting ready to cook some sausage from SouthMarket BBQ in Elgin TX. While that was going outside I made some rice pilaf inside. Once done I combined everything and let it simmer for awhile. Then served with stuffed cherry pepper and one of my favorite cheeses. It made for a nice meal after an 8 mile walk in the morning.

9551973F-4FDB-4E88-B0AE-DF6A6E3D5CEE.jpeg

7958AAB3-B819-4642-B4BE-BDE8FA455D67.jpeg

1E42A1D9-C146-408C-ADCB-EB195C569E50.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Spring is so close, Tyrus I can smell it. :smt003 :cheers:

It is, like it's knocking on the door, then it goes away, like a tempestuous woman, and then finally the day arrives, you know it's there when she settles in. A good day. Wish you a good day today Mac

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, C6Bill said:

took advantage of the nice weather Tyrus was talking about.

Yep, while your walking away the hours strolling with the flowers there's real work happening on the other side of town. I like it Bill, I make my own sausage and complete the task. Your plate was nice and an 8 mile  walk, good for you,,,that's eh, yesterday for me. Keep on truckin  I did like the plate, yes

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrus said:

Yep, while your walking away the hours strolling with the flowers there's real work happening on the other side of town. I like it Bill, I make my own sausage and complete the task. Your plate was nice and an 8 mile  walk, good for you,,,that's eh, yesterday for me. Keep on truckin  I did like the plate, yes

This is what I do while walking :) 

5A99C8B6-5727-4D0A-94D8-175E551E76DA.jpeg

• Like 7

Yesterday afternoon it was a seafood casserole with 1lb shrimp, 1lb bay scallops and 2lbs Cod slathered in a creamy buttery sauce, topped with a bread crumb cover and cooked with a chunk of cherry out on the 23. I used the small locking basket with one chunk of wood fitting it over the fire while using the basket splitter. I used my stainless diffuser plate to accomplish an indirect and a workable temp of 375/400.  Perfect, the smoke you get off the KK imparted into your food can't be duplicated at even your high end restaurants in a casserole. So there it is and unfortunately there it goes also because all that remained after the guests left was this small plate, I managed to capture it on film before it disappeared too.

DSCF3736.JPG

DSCF3739.JPG

DSCF3741.JPG

DSCF3742.JPG

DSCF3743.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Cooking the last meal meant par/boiling your ingredients in wine, so I thought saving the broth and using it with a few additives like onion, garlic, butter, chive, lemon and some olive oil would revive the mix. Good, no plate, the pan was exceptional to taste and the plate held the shells. Mussels and little necks/Quahogs/////Mussels Mariniere.

DSCF3747.JPG

DSCF3748.JPG

DSCF3749.JPG

• Like 8

I was shooting a baseball game yesterday and someone somewhere within nose shot of the field was smoking a brisket. It smelled amazing, first thing I did when I got home was go through the freezer and I found a bag with a few slices of my last brisket, oh did I need that lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2