DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

A very good friend of mine died last September, very tragically, on my birthday none the less. He was a big marvel and Avengers fan and we had a long conversation about the Avengers campus at California Adventures and the shawarma cart & Infinity Stone hand /drink holder they sold there. Since he didn’t have kids I promised to bring him home the shirt and drink holder. Unfortunately he didn’t make it to accept it but I went to Disneyland l/CA Adventures with my family last week and I bought the shirt & cup holder as promised. Made the chicken shawarma  meal tonight that he would’ve been here for. Some meals mean more than others and tonight was a special one…..

5B1DF8B7-3EB9-4003-A22E-84CB751912B6.jpeg

54F35723-25C3-49EF-A024-373768AC6272.jpeg

C8E9E0FF-466B-458E-AAF2-3C93C55CCBA7.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 12

Marinated herb pork loin with scallop potatoes and a rack of all maple wood. So I found a supplier that has all sorts of different wood and sells it by the cord or 1/3 as pictured here. He generally supplies wood for your wood stove use but has at times deliveries of apple or hickory come in and is willing to sell them at the same rate, beautiful. He has his wood stacked on racks so you knew exactly how much you were getting, I liked the presentation, so I made one to keep the wood off the ground. Maple has a nice middle of the road smoke, not to light and not to heavy, with a sweet impart to your food. It also burns well and gives a good coal bed and dries quickly if you bought green. This should be ready by the end of the summer, splitting into smaller pieces will only speed up the process. I've already cut up a few bags of maple chunks to toss into KK  or add to the smoke pot. In the Santa Maria, the offset or the KK a good smoke is what you need. 

DSCF3753.JPG

DSCF3752.JPG

DSCF3750.JPG

• Like 6

$85 for a third of a rick?? You can get a full rick here for around $100.  Later in the season it'll be $85 a rick. Some of the sellers try to convince you that their wood is worth $250 a rick because they store it in a shed. And seasoned wood around here means salt and pepper on it because I've bought "seasoned" wood and had to wait a year for it to dry out. 

• Haha 1

That's a third of a cord, 3 of the 8 ft by 4 ft racks with 18 inch pieces is a full cord 128 cu ft. $85 is good considering if you pick up a plastic wrapped bundle at the supermarket it's like $7 or more. Like I said, split it again and your wood dries much quicker. 

1 hour ago, Tyrus said:

That's a third of a cord, 3 of the 8 ft by 4 ft racks with 18 inch pieces is a full cord 128 cu ft. $85 is good considering if you pick up a plastic wrapped bundle at the supermarket it's like $7 or more. Like I said, split it again and your wood dries much quicker. 

i pay $70 usd for a third of your third of lychee wood. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1