DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Been traveling a lot and the wife has been holding it down so treated her today to a facial, nail & massage session followed by a nice home cooked meal 

A5 wagyu block cut searedon all sides with sea salt 

sweet corn on the cob 

was supposed to make a sliced potato medallion cake thing tfat I saw Frances Mallmean do but for whatever reason my first attempt at using a mandolin resulted in something more akin to hash browns. But I tossed it in Irish butter, truffle salt, olive oil, thyme & rosemary and put it on the griddle fir about an hour and drizzled parmesan cheese on top each time I flipped it. I call it a potato cake it was yummy. Hard to fuck up potatoes with those ingredients 

served with a 2012 Grgich Hills cab. Spectacular meal. Nailed the wagyu beef. My wife likes it well done but it’s f I serve her some medium wagyu crusted on outside she loves and it and she said it was my best ever. I’ll take it 

86DA66FF-0A39-485F-AAF6-7AFFB0B52369.jpeg

383EE627-7F68-4FAE-A883-0BF7535C575B.jpeg

7E8CC82E-9C03-49AA-87B5-0A823218768C.jpeg

E850950E-A93F-4A2D-AF53-2B9C20107B63.jpeg

9A4CC2CD-4A6E-4D81-9C33-C75B5CB87092.jpeg

0F0DC3AA-377D-420D-974A-7ACBF978A351.jpeg

E0DE3867-8556-4414-830A-8F5CF5A136DA.jpeg

12E68255-F25E-4EF8-946E-14196E04D6D8.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Great job Troble, I hope you ended up in the Jacuzzi after.

Actually passed out. Took the kids to sea world, drank a beer at the park. Let the girls go swimming and in the hot tub when we got home for first time this season, drank another beer.  Then, drank a glass of wine that was left from night before while cooking. Then drank nice bottle with dinner. Passed out 

the nice part about this is I would have never bought an expensive piece of meat like that before but because of this group on the forum and my KK I now have total confidence to nail food like that. Thank you @MacKenzie @tony b @tekobo @jonj @Tyrus @Basher you guys taught me the ropes 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

@Troble your honesty about having passed out made me burst out laughing.  I read your post out to my husband.  We then counted up the drinks you had had and then laughed nervously.  For us, that sounded like a good round of drinks for lunch with more to come at dinner.  Maybe we should be drinking less...

It is very kind of you to thank me and others for having shown you the ropes. I want to thank you for all the fun recipes and techniques you have tried out and shared.  The chicken shawarma is a great example. I followed and copied you through the stage where you were piling it onto the spit rod of the rotisserie and shaving the chicken off over the fire through to using the much more convenient method of piling the chicken onto a spike like you do in the photo above. Super yummy.  I am now away from my KK for a month. I woke up looking at your beautiful chicken shawarma and wondered what it would be like with Nigerian pepper soup spice all over it.  Thank you for the inspiration. There is always a great cook around the corner.  

• Like 4

@tekobo truth be told that post was edited to be less transparent about the amount of alcohol consumed….I thought I might scare you guys and I shouldn’t post public information  like that. You never know when @tony bmight post it on TikTok or Twitter 

Edited by Troble
  • Haha 5

Your secrets are safe with me, as I don't do ANY social media (other than here). 👍

Thank you for the nice compliments, but that's just what we do here on this Forum - share our love of great food, especially cooked on the KK. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Troble said:

Two day marinated chicken schwarma.

Mediterranean Seanad with red onion, garbanzo beans, bell pepper, baby heirloom tonsties, cucumbers and mint

pearked cous cous with olive oil & garlic 

homemade tadziki

toasted pita 

B9241DDF-8631-49FE-B48D-B230F595D1A0.jpeg

75EE041E-2BF5-4447-B70A-1008E3AFE333.jpeg

DFAA5F67-724D-48CB-BBC7-3F8218EBD997.jpeg

0B859090-E7E7-4E66-B615-2E233871F5B6.jpeg

Looks beautiful! 

What temp did you cook it at and for how long? Where did you place the chicken in relation to the fire? (Direct or indirect) My first schwarma didn't go so well. I had it the indirect side on a stand like you have. The top cooked well but the bottom didn't. By the time the bottom rinsed the top was way over cooked. Next time, I'll place it directly over the heat. Just curious how you did it. Thanks!

Edited by Cheesehead_Griller

11 hours ago, Cheesehead_Griller said:

Looks beautiful! 

What temp did you cook it at and for how long? Where did you place the chicken in relation to the fire? (Direct or indirect) My first schwarma didn't go so well. I had it the indirect side on a stand like you have. The top cooked well but the bottom didn't. By the time the bottom rinsed the top was way over cooked. Next time, I'll place it directly over the heat. Just curious how you did it. Thanks!

I light the coals in the middle and put the double drip pan on the lower grate. You gotta slice the chicken when it gets brown and then let it sit in the pan to finish. I have pretty detailed instructions on this on the chicken thread if you head over there. 

the tray goes in the back where the lid closes. But try the drip pan or something between the tray and the fire. Never been a problem for me with that method 

Edited by Troble